Ulcer?

kb2010
on 5/7/11 9:51 am - CO
I am almost 2 months out and I am wondering if I might have an ulcer. In the last few days..I have just had a general feeling of nausea and not wanting to eat anything. Its a weird gnawing,upset,ugg feeling right under my breastbone. I have also had alot of dizziness when standing and some just walking around. I wonder if this is my blood pressure dropping or a vitamin issue. I have really had alot of problems eating lately..I just feel crappy and don't wanna. 

Thanks for your help...Kim

HW:390   GW:170ish

Readyformyjourney
on 5/7/11 10:38 am
Hi Kim:

We had surgery the same day.  I wanted to write you because I recently had symptoms similar to the ones that you are experiencing.  I called my surgeon  and she said to go to the ER.  Long story short I was scoped and they found I have an anastomotic ulcer.  She kept me in the hospital for 5 days and pumped me with fluids (i was dehydrated due to my lack of eating and drinking) and I could not have anything by mouth for 4 days.  I now have to go back to full liquids for two weeks then puree for 3 weeks.  I am on carafate 4 times a day and protonics 2 times a day. I am not writing this to scare you but I would call your surgeon ASAP.  I was always told by my doctor to call whenever I did not feel well no matter what.  I am glad that I followed her advice.  I wish you the best of luck.

kb2010
on 5/7/11 10:58 am - CO
Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate your info and I will call my surgeon asap. It helps to have some experience it and give their advice. Thanks again!

HW:390   GW:170ish

Koko10
on 5/7/11 12:10 pm - NC
I agree. I was diagnosed with a ulcer 3 weeks ago because I couldn't eat or drink anything either. I am taking the same medicine as the other person. I was not admitted to the hospital though. Call your Dr. ASAP and they will be able to tell you what to do.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

ohangela
on 5/7/11 4:52 pm, edited 5/7/11 4:59 pm
I have had alot of problems with the exact same feelings. I was throwing up everything and I did in fact have an ulcer. My pouch had closed and my doctor fixed it in outpatient clinic also the vomiting caused my nutrients to go down so they did a 4 hour banana pack full of vitamins i felt a ton better but have really struggled with the dizziness and weakness. My dizziness and weakness was very severe I could not sit or stand for more than a few ninutes without feeling like i was going to faint. One big variable in all of this is that i was not able to tolerate protein drinks. I am not 3 months out and noticed suddenly more energy and less nausea. I am actually starting to feel better. I also am on carafate it was an easy fix so dont worry just call your doctor.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 452 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404