Just awesome!!! almost 1 year post op and loving life!!

EmbryLynn
on 5/11/11 10:33 am - New Haven, MI
I am down almost 110 pounds!!! whoohoo!! most may consider me a lightweight as i started at 240 and wanted to lost around 100 pounds and im almost down 110....i really dont want to lost more I am perfectly satisfied where am at and would be perfectly happy at 140....this has been an amazing journey and I cant weight to post my before and after pics on my one year surgiversary!  I have had no complications with eating or going to the bathroom, my labs are perfect and I hope it stays this way for a long time....I did have some internal scar tissue removed (lipoma) but it was no biggy at all.

Newbies...please know it is possible to go through surgery, recover and your first year with little to no issues as I have done...its changed my life for the better and I would do it all over again in a heart beat!!!

Veterans....I couldnt barely wait to say I make room on the losers bench...now I am starting to feel like an old pro!!!  :)  I'm sure there is much more to learn but thank you to all of you!!!

nfgfaniam
on 5/11/11 12:38 pm - Jeffersonville, IN
Yay! We almost have the same surgiversary! I had mine June 7th last year. We've lost the exact same amount of weight which is really strange I woke up today 105lbs gone. Life is so much better sans 100lbs. I can move easier, my back doesn't hurt as bad, I don't have knee issues, and I'm more confident. It's awesome! I am having trouble setting a goal weight. I want to be at 145, but 135 sounds so much better. ;?
~Sharon Marie

nfgfaniam
on 5/11/11 12:39 pm - Jeffersonville, IN
Oh yeah.. and CONGRATULATIONS!
~Sharon Marie

Lauralace
on 5/11/11 12:57 pm - Marietta, OH
Congrats that's great that u have lost all that weight --- I look forward to your anniversary and your pics !!  Thanks for including that u haven't had any issues.  I pray that I can say the same and have the success that u have had ---- celebrate now , I don't think u need to wait for a whole year to be up  ::)

Great job & keep in touch !!
sherylbrown
on 5/11/11 1:45 pm - MN
Great job on the loss. My goals are similar and I'm just starting. I hope my next year will also be without complications.
Sheryl    
ecteach
on 5/12/11 4:28 am - Hendersonville, NC
I'm glad you're doing so well.  I went in a week after you, and I've also done very well.  I developed an abcess right after surgery, but it was resolved quickly, and I've had nothing but good luck since then. 

My goal is 140, and I'm at 159 now and can wear a size 8 pants (I haven't lost much in my breasts despite the warnings that I'd loose it all there first).  I'm still wearing a 12 on the top, but if I don't loose another pound, I am thrilled with how far I've come and how well I feel!  Congratulations to you!
"The only true disability in life is a bad attitude!" ~Scott Hamilton            
EmbryLynn
on 5/14/11 11:52 pm - New Haven, MI
Thank you everyone!!!! I just wanted to celebrate and let every one know who may be considering the surgery that there are plenty of us who choose to do this and never have any regrets and no issue's...I use to come here quite a bit before surgery and had to stop because there was so many negative/scary things being posted. I know this is a great site for help and I know if I were having issues I might have reached out here too, however when you are just starting this journey its very scary too....Good luck and Congrats to all of you!!!
curvaceousdiva
on 5/14/11 11:56 pm - Hyattsville, MD
congrats chica.... Im a month ahead of you and am glad I had it done as well... in terms of my health...
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics