how long ins.approval withanthem blue cross blue shield?

minknowitall
on 5/11/11 12:53 pm - OH
I am in akron ohio and paperwork was submitted last wednesday,,, so with other experience,how long was approval from Anthem blue cross blue shield?? so anxious to get to the other side,,, thanks mindy
Ms_V
on 5/11/11 1:03 pm
Well I don't know buuuut I would call them and ask :)  can't hurt!!
Kimanne01
on 5/11/11 1:12 pm
I have HBCBS-NJ. So I guess its different but I know in 5 buisness days and I was able to track it online. Good luck!

sherylbrown
on 5/11/11 1:20 pm - MN
I have anthem blue cross. It took 12 days. I called everyday and checked with them. Good luck! I know the waiting is awful.
Sheryl    
SoOrMommy
on 5/11/11 1:40 pm - OR
I have Anthem BCBS also! We're submitting paperwork May 18th and I'm nervous as heck. PLEASE keep me posted on how yours is going/turns out!
Mia H.
on 5/11/11 6:56 pm - OH
 I have Anthem as well.  I was just approved last week.  I had my paperwork submitted at the end of March, so it took a month.  I understand completely the anxiety in waiting.  Hope you hear from them a lot sooner than I did.  

nancy409
on 5/11/11 8:39 pm - PA
I have Keystone thru BC BS in PA and they don't have a way to track on line.  My papers were submitted on a Thursday, I called them the following Wednesday and they told me it was approved.  Ten minutes later my dr office called and told me it was approved and gave me a tentative surgery date.  Call them, can't hurt

purr
on 5/11/11 9:22 pm
I have Anthem , Ct and the dr's office called to say I was approved after a few weeks and then 5 days before surgery I opened a letter that said I wasn't approved , the next letter in my mailbox the same day said it was revised and I was approved. So I had about 45 seconds of sheer PANIC!!!!!

rural_carrier
on 5/11/11 9:28 pm - Florissant, MO
 With me it was 3 days, with my son it was 5 days, and with my husband it was 4 days.  I called everyday on all of these.  
Joann

chrisgraves
on 5/11/11 10:00 pm - MA
BC/BS MA it took about 2.5 weeks from when paper work was submitted. 

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views