Blah Day...

Melody D.
on 5/12/11 6:11 pm, edited 5/12/11 6:15 pm - Pueblo, CO
I'm wondering how I will ever enjoy going out to eat with friends and family.  Today we went to the Black Eyed Pea.  My mother-in-law ordered the Chicken Fried Steak w/okra & mashed taters.  I cut two pieces of the steak and had two pieces of the okra.  I was beyond full with that and it upset me.

I realize I went in this surgery aware that I would never be able to eat like I used (and I guess that's a very good thing,) but I can't even enjoy the smallest of portions... will I always only be able to eat the equivalent of two teaspoons?  I cannot even come back 15 or even 30 minutes later as I'm miserable from the minute amount of food that I did get.

Crap, now I'm bawling.  Going back to bed.  Check ya'alls responses later.

Melz

Panniculectomy & Mastopexy (Breast Reduction & Lift)- 1/3/12
Upper Thigh Lift & Upper Arm Lift- 3/13/12
HW-290,
SW-288, GW-127, CW-111

Nan2008
on 5/12/11 9:07 pm - Midland, MI
Trust me you will be able to eat more than the equivanent oftwo teaspoons the farther out you get!!

It all depends on what you eat.  I am more than two years out.  The other day while eating out I order chicken fingers and got three of them.  In my head I'm thinkging I could finish those.  But I got half way through the first chicken finger and was starting to get full.   I ate one full one and saved the other two for later.  On the other hand, when I ordered a burrito (it was on the smaller side, not one of those gigantic ones) I was able to eat the whole thing easily.  Or if I order a salad of some type I can ususally eat all of
it

When I was about 6 months out I still could eat only half of a 6" Subway sandwich.  Now, I can order a footlong and eat half for lunch and the other half for dinner as long as the bread is toasted.

Don't worry, it will get better!

Hope you are feeling better today

Nan. 

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

janet2921
on 5/12/11 9:31 pm - Chicago, IL
On May 13, 2011 at 1:11 AM Pacific Time, Melody D. wrote:
I'm wondering how I will ever enjoy going out to eat with friends and family.  Today we went to the Black Eyed Pea.  My mother-in-law ordered the Chicken Fried Steak w/okra & mashed taters.  I cut two pieces of the steak and had two pieces of the okra.  I was beyond full with that and it upset me.

I realize I went in this surgery aware that I would never be able to eat like I used (and I guess that's a very good thing,) but I can't even enjoy the smallest of portions... will I always only be able to eat the equivalent of two teaspoons?  I cannot even come back 15 or even 30 minutes later as I'm miserable from the minute amount of food that I did get.

Crap, now I'm bawling.  Going back to bed.  Check ya'alls responses later.

Melz

Aren't you happy you cannot eat llike you used to?  I know I am soooo very happy I can no longer eat large servings.  My loving beloved mother used to tease me saying that I had 2 stomachs!  It was so funny because I used to eat a whole lot!  No wonder I was morbidly obese! 

Today, I do everything I can to keep my pouch nice and small!  I was taken out for lunch and dinner yesterday (last day of Nurses' Week).  Dinner was at a fabulous steakhouse, so I ate the salad and took the entree doggie bag. 

I too can now only take in small portions and I AM HAPPY! My beloved mom would be proud of me!

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

Frank_B
on 5/12/11 10:47 pm - Woodbridge, NJ
In time you will be able to eat more then you are currently eating,   you will never be able to eat the way you used to but that should be a good thing.

what matters when you go out with family and friends it that you have a good time and enjoy the company more then how much or how little you can eat right now

be happy and enjoy the times together

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 307 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?