Has anyone tried or heard of Wellesse liquid Calcium?

princessfrogee
on 5/14/11 1:23 am - AL
I found out the hard way I had bought the wrong calcium first time around.  Just trying to get things prepared before surgery and have everything on hand.  Several have said that the Calcium Citrate is hard to find over the counter so wanted to share this.

Went to Wal-Mart yesterday and they had listed as a new item the Wellesse Calcium and Vit D3.

2 Tbsp. (1 oz)  has 1000 mg Calcium (citrate and tricalcium phosphate) and 1000 IU Vit D3 and it is lactose and sugar free.  It is a liquid.  Can be taken directly or added to water or juice.  Can be refrigerated or left at room temp.  It is in a natural citrus flavor and tastes like an orange creamcicle.  I am not a big orange flavor fan, but this is mild and not overpowering.

I hope this is an acceptable form of the calcium and D3 because it is a breath of fresh air (and taste) compared to all the other foods/vitamins/flavors I am trying to adjust myself to that don't taste so great.

needtoloseweight
on 5/14/11 1:40 am - Oxon Hill, MD
I'm curious to find out if this is the right too since it would be a lot easier to swallow than the pill or powder.

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 2:07 am - Missoula, MT
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 2:08 am - Missoula, MT
  From what I've been told by my nurse, as long as it is citrate then you're golden.  She referred to me a liquid citrate from Costco called Liquid Reviva.  It gives the same amount of Calcium and D3 as yours, it also has Magnesium and it is blueberry flavored.  I'm not a fan of blueberries but it tastes fabulous!  The only downfall is that you have to keep it refrigerated.
melissa22886
on 5/14/11 2:36 am
I've been taking reviva for 1 month now and I don't refridgerate it. I like it better warm

Bralen
on 5/14/11 2:44 am
I think one ounce is 3 tablespoons.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
princessfrogee
on 5/14/11 4:05 am - AL
No, one oz. = 2 Tbsp.  Below is a link to a conversion chart I had printed off to help me figure this stuff out and keep in my WL binder.  I am not good at math, so I found this was the easiest way to have it on hand. 

I just checked some other sites just to make sure this one wasn't wrong and they are the same.

http://www.lemelange.com/conversion_chart.htm

poet_kelly
on 5/14/11 3:31 am - OH
You will not absorb the tricalcium phosphate in it.  If you can figure out how much calcium citrate is in it and then take enough of that, you'll be ok.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

princessfrogee
on 5/14/11 4:08 am - AL
It does not specify on the label.  It just reads under the supplement facts as follows:

Calcium (as Calcium Citrate and Tricalcium Phosphate) then has 1000mg and 100% under daily value.  I will email the company and find out if I can and then update.

Thanks!
poet_kelly
on 5/14/11 4:10 am, edited 5/14/11 4:10 am - OH
I knew it didn't say on the label.  I hope you can figure it out.  You need 1500-2000 mg CITRATE, whenever you figure out how many servings that is.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics