Sodium

princessfrogee
on 5/14/11 7:55 am - AL
I have been looking at various products out there and when they seem perfect because they are low fat, low calorie, etc. they seem to have a large amount of sodium in them.  Does anyone know what the recommended amount of sodium is post-op?
lee12197
on 5/14/11 10:50 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
I dont think it is much different then before surgery, but remeber that your eating so little of the stuff that i dont think it matters much...unless its something like drinking broth from the cuposoup things you should be fine!

princessfrogee
on 5/15/11 12:27 am - AL
yes, I have been looking around to find the best things for my pre-op liquid diet as well as to have on hand post-op.  I guess I will just get the 99% fat free chicken and 100% fat free vegetable broths and water them down. 
lee12197
on 5/15/11 1:05 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
Do you have a whole foods type store near u? I got chicken broth from a whole foods store that was a powder mix, I put it thru my coffeepot. Its low in sodium and sooo good! I didnt do alot of broths tho that was really it, i did ALOT of  sf popsicles and jello for my pre op but my preop was only 3 days long...

princessfrogee
on 5/15/11 1:40 am - AL
Now that you mention it, we do have one.  I will look there.  Thanks for the reminder!  My pre-op is 7-10 days they said.  That seems like a long time!  ha ha  I know in the end it will help me, but still... ha ha 
princessfrogee
on 5/15/11 1:42 am - AL
Also...I am more of a savory type person than the sweet.  I figure I will do the protein drinks some, but I just don't want that and popcicles and jello to be my only thing.  ha ha
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics