Turkey and Cheese Roll up

Dee2011
on 5/13/11 3:16 am - PA
I decided to have a turkey and cheese roll up fo lunch today. Everytime I swallowed after chewing real well it felt like it was lead and stuck though nothing came up.  I just had to wait for a few minutes for the feeling to go away.  Will this always happen or will it eventually go away?  I'm getting to the point that I don't want to eat chicken, turkey or ground turkey.
terilynn112
on 5/13/11 3:24 am - maryland, NY
For three weeks I was on liquids only. Then for another 3 weeks it was puree's. Slow down on the food, even if it's on your surgeons plan, you could just need more healing before you try these foods. Ironically they're the hardest on my pouch. But I can do them. It takes time to eat everything.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Dee2011
on 5/13/11 3:38 am - PA
I am following the plan. I am on all foods.  That is how my surgeons plan works.  1 week full liquids, 1 week pureeds, 1 week soft foods and then all foods.
DisneyLover
on 5/13/11 6:30 am - WI
even if your plan is full foods, your body might not be ready.  Bodies don't follow plans, they have one of their own.
personally i have noticed a hard time with lunch meat/cheese combos.  separate they are fine, but together too dry.

Sarah

newtintn
on 5/13/11 12:26 pm - TN
 One of my fav foods is Castlewood oven roasted turkey wrapped around a sting cheese. DELISH...however the same thing happend to me sometimes...very uncomfortable feeling too and like you i have to wait  few minutes before taking another bite. CHEW REALLLLLY well...Also i dip mine in pizza sauce and it helps moisten it a bit. Not to mention it tastes DELISH.

mdolan20
on 5/13/11 3:21 pm - Brick, NJ
I tried a turkey roll up last night and  it felt like it took a while to go down but I think I was so hungry that I didn't chew fast enough. Did you focus on chewing it well?
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views