Help not sure if I can travel

lynni
on 5/13/11 11:59 am
My surgery is scheduled for July 11, 2011 and I have paid to fly from NJ to California for a 7 day cruise September 18, 2011.  Will I be healed enough to travel 9 weeks out?  Also how long will I be out of work for a desk job.  I do have an hour and fifteen minute one way commute
RedAppleCandie
on 5/13/11 12:05 pm
Talk it over with your surgeon. 
For me, I had surgery 10 days ago, and am flying to CO from NY tomorrow for a week.  My surgery was supposed to be after my trip, but events conspired to make it happen earlier.

My surgeon told me that as long as I had no complications, and felt fine, I could go.  Just make sure to walk around on the plane (prevent blood clots) and leave enough time between your connecting flights for you to make it without rushing.  I plan to ask for a wheelchair and assistance if I need it, but I am feeling pretty damn good, so I don't think I will.

As far as working, I took 5 weeks off, because I had the time to burn.  Everyone is different though.  I too have a desk job, but I kind of like being off so long :-D  

Best of luck to you!

turningpoint
on 5/13/11 1:22 pm
check with your surgeon, but likely you will be fine to travel, I flew and cruised at 7 & 9 weeks out.  I was back to my desk job after 2 weeks...the first week 1/2 days would have been nice, but I didn't know it, so I just napped in the car at lunch every day.

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views