I feel FAB! grateful post

Carrie W.
on 5/13/11 2:00 am - KY
So with all the negativity on here today ....

I weighed at my PCP's office yesterday and I've lost the 5lbs I put on during my TOM and one extra. 

I got my hair cut yesterday.  My stylist is amazing!!  I asked for something between Meg Ryan and Lyndsay on CSI NY and what I got is way cuter than either!  I'll get pics this evening!! 

I'm still wearing the same size pants as before surgery but they're hanging off me.  That makes me smile every time I have to hike them up.  I'm wearing t-shirts I haven't worn in 10 years. 

I got my horse moved home last weekend and I'm planning to ride tomorrow weather permitting. 

So tell me what makes you feel FAB and what you're grateful for today!!!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

DeeNadj
on 5/13/11 2:08 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT
Getting clothes out of storage and they FIT! I got pants last weekend, and they are already loose! I love that!

I'm joyful that even though the scale seems to be stuck, the tape measure is NOT! I have proof that everything I went through was for a REASON and I'm becoming a heathier person every day!
Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
2tired2befat
on 5/13/11 2:08 am, edited 5/13/11 2:09 am - Spring Hill, TN
Looking forward to the pics and congrats on your progress so far!!! 

I'm glad you feel fab!! I feel fab today too because I finally lost 100 pounds!!!

Have a great Friday!

April

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 2:10 am
HIJACK - -

April, a FACE ON THE AVATAR!  Yay... finally!  A vast improvement... nice to see the smile.

tori
2tired2befat
on 5/13/11 7:46 am - Spring Hill, TN
Thank you Tori! I don't know why it looks so distorted but thanks!!  I've been smiling all day!!

Carrie W.
on 5/13/11 2:54 am - KY
Wow!!  Congrats!

Cherylkas
on 5/13/11 2:12 am - PA
 Great post....

I lost the few pounds I was bouncing between cause of TOM and am now down 38 pounds since surgery! 

Had my 6wk check up and the doc is thrilled with how well I am doing. She was surprised I hadn't moved up a food step on my own and said that sticking to my plan was awesome and going to serve me well later on.

I am potty training my daughter and she has had NO accidents so far this morning. *knock on wood* she is loving going on the potty. 

Hubby says he sees the old confident me coming back and is loving it. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

DeeNadj
on 5/13/11 2:20 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT
Okay, two things...

I went to my 6wk follow up and NOTHING was being mentioned about moving to the next step in the food plan. So I asked... My doctor kind of chuckles, and looked at his assistant, and said, "Wow. Most people just CHEAT and do it on their own. I'm just surprised that someone is sticking to the plan and behaving themselves." Are people CRAZY?! I spent a week in the hospital unable to keep ANYTHING down, does this sound like I'm going to CHEAT - EVER? NO WAY!! LOL

And second - do you guys really think that TOM can make you gain? Because I have been having my "visitor" this week and I noticed a 2lb gain that made me want to cry my eyes out. i have been trying to figure out all week how I might have GAINED 2lbs, what I was doing wrong, and I even dreamed that I gained 35lbs overnight (woke up crying). If you think it's TOM then that would make sense, and make me feel A LOT better, frankly.
Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
Cherylkas
on 5/13/11 2:23 am - PA
 yes you can gain but it is usually water gain. And comes off easy after TOM leaves. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Carrie W.
on 5/13/11 2:57 am - KY
Oh yes, I gained *5*lbs during my TOM.  It came off quick too but still.  I was so embarassed when I went for my 5 week checkup because it showed that I'd only lost 15lbs since surgery which put me behind my doctor's expectations.  But it's gone now!!  So now we all know that it happens and no reason to freak next month! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views