Need encouragement

KatMarie78
on 5/16/11 1:15 am - IL
I had my bypass on 3/1/11. I started at 238.6 lbs and am at 192.4 as of this morning. However, I had a knee replacement on 4/25/11 and am really getting frustrated. I cant drive, barely walk and the healing is taking a great deal longer than I had anticipated. I just want to get moving again and be able to exercise like I was. I thought I would be down more by now and I am getting really discouraged.
nfgfaniam
on 5/16/11 1:17 am - Jeffersonville, IN
Wow, your body has been through a LOT! Try to do small stuff at first. Hang in there. Are you going to PT regularly?
~Sharon Marie

LabLimo
on 5/16/11 1:35 am - San Diego, CA
HOLY LOT OF HEALING!!!!  Thats a ton of trauma for your poor body AND mind.  Your actually doing well.... look at the lbs you lost.  Please make sure your getting lots of protein and taking  your vitamins.  Your body is going through a great deal right now and needs that to repair itself.  As for the exercise.  Grab some light weights (even cans out of your kitchen) and do some upper body stuff. 

Anne

My pouches name is Satan!!!
Height 5'10" Goal weight 165
      Current weight 145

Melody D.
on 5/16/11 2:03 am - Pueblo, CO
I can't imagine all your body has been through in the last couple of months.  My surgery was 11/4/10 and to date I have lost 114 pounds.  I am also up for knee surgery, but after reading your post I'm glad that my orthopedic doc wants me to wait until I'm a year out (November.)  Again, like the other members have said: make sure you're getting your protein in and try doing your exercise sitting down.  I can recommend two DVD's: One is call "Sit and Be Fit,"http://www.sitandbefit.org/products_store  and the second is "Leanne's Chair Workout".leanneschairworkout.com/    I highly recommend it, it's from a British woman who lost one of legs.  The first targets seniors, but works just as well.

Good Luck and Many Prayers!!
Melz
Panniculectomy & Mastopexy (Breast Reduction & Lift)- 1/3/12
Upper Thigh Lift & Upper Arm Lift- 3/13/12
HW-290,
SW-288, GW-127, CW-111

Tonya0531
on 5/16/11 2:45 am - Lake, MS
You are doing great.  I can relate though.  I had 2 knee surgeries after my lapband 4 years ago and I got so depressed that I ate my way out of it.  Don't let that happen to you.  Stick with your protein and vitamins.  Just keep moving forward.
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
Debbiejean
on 5/16/11 2:53 am - Shelbyville, MI
Try not to get discouraged. First focus on your health and not your upcoming weight loss.
You can and will lose weight without exercise. Yes, I know you want to exercise like you did before your knee replacement but really now is the time to listen to your body.
You can do water exercises with no weight bearing. Grab a "noodle" and workout without putting any pressure on your legs. You know what exercises to do and if you don't ask for help.
You also can use water weights for strength training while in the pool.
You are doing great with your weight loss, it's not a race anyway. This is for lifetime. So find some exercises you can do without hurting yourself. Stay off the scale for now and just measure yourself. I promise you the weight will come off.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 213 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics