Slider foods and drinking water

angieh299
on 5/15/11 1:10 am
I have to take medication that requires it be taken with food (prednisone). I wanted to know if it is okay to have a slider food or a very soft food that is basically mush when you chew it such as a babybel cheese and then take the medication.  I don't drink anymore than is needed to get the pills down but was concerned so I was trying to be sure to take it with something extra soft such as the babybel cheese. Is this okay? I can't crush these pills.  TIA for your help!

lee12197
on 5/15/11 1:29 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
Prednisone is an anti inflamatory med...i would ask and make sure its not an NSAID. I looked it up but it doesnt say if it is or not.. If it says to take it with food i dont see why it would matter what food u take it with, maybe ask your dr if you have to eat when you actually take it or if they just dont want you takin it on an empty stomach. If thats the case i would try eating a meal waiting the 30 mins and then taking the pill. I have meds that i cant take on an empty stomach and this works for me.

OceanBluzs
on 5/15/11 2:46 am - LA
Prednisone is a steroid, NOT a non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drug.

Carolyn

Bralen
on 5/15/11 1:50 am
If you are only drinking the swallow it takes to get the Prednisone down then anything you eat should be fine. Prednisone is not an NSAID.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
happyhealing
on 5/15/11 2:33 am
I am not allowed Prednisone I would check with your surgeon on this.  They wanted to give it to me for a reaction I had to retinol on my face and I said NO WAY. 
happyhealing
on 5/15/11 2:34 am
My instructions from the doctor said NO NSAIDS and NO PREDNISONE
ahmerzrealm
on 5/15/11 2:41 am - Naperville, IL
First, make absolutely sure you can take Prednisone. It doesnt look like you can :S

You can take your meds with sugar free pudding. I am assuming you have to crush your pills. The sweetness of the pudding helps mask the bitterness as well.
angieh299
on 5/15/11 2:47 am
I have to take prednisone for life since I have no functioning adrenals.  Thanks for your help everyone, I was just worried about stretching the stoma with the water and food, but I think I can time it just right and use sliders it should be okay!

shellb58
on 5/15/11 3:02 am - WA
can anyone tell me what slidder foods are? Thanks
shelley veturis            
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/15/11 3:21 am - OH
I routinely use yogurt for pills that have to be taken with food...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics