4 months out - what are you eating?

Coreen13
on 5/17/11 12:06 am - MA
Hi,

I'm 4 months out and just in the last two weeks I feel like my eating has gotten off track at times.  I'm surprised by the volume I have been able to eat.  I would like to get back on track.  I still take my vitamins, protein shakes and exercise but I've been eating crackers and sandwiches (wheat bread).  

Anyone around 4 months can you please tell me what a daily day of eating looks like for you including volume so I know what is 'normal'?

Thanks so much!

Coreen
Jessica A.
on 5/17/11 12:16 am - Auburn, AL
 I am four months out too.  There are days where I can eat more but that's why I measure my food so that I don't.  Depending on the food, I can eat between 1/2 cup to 1 cup but I never exceed 1 cup, whether if it's because i'm full or that's what I measured.  Here's a menu of what one of my days might be like:

1 Egg with 1/8 Cup Shredded Cheese and 1/2 Whole Grain Sandwich Thin
1/2 Lean Cuisine Cheese Lasagna & Chicken
8 oz Sobe Lifewater
1/4 Cup BBQ Soynuts
1 Cheddar Cheese Stick
1/2 Cup Spaghetti Sauce w/Turkey &  Shredded Cheese & 1/2 Whole Grain Sandwich Thin
8 oz 1% Milk  
960 calories and 81 grams of protein total
And of course on top of this drinking water for the day too.

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 12:18 am - TX
I am at three months and I am sticking to 800 calories per day. I have good days and bad days eating wise but I always stick to the calories and protein. Most days I have an egg white omelette with lots of veggies and salsa for breakfast, a grilled chicken salad or sushi for lunch, and fish and a veggie for dinner. On a bad day (yesterday) I had greek yogurt for breakfast, sushi and seaweed salad for lunch, then I snacked on pita chips and peanut butter late afternoon and ate a weigh****chers no sugar added eskimo pie thing. Not stellar eating and I have maybe one day like that a week, but I am aware of it. I drink 80 ounces of water a day and IF I get all that in I may let myself have a diet coke or unsweet iced tea at night.

I also exercise daily - run one mile, walk another. I lift weights every other day and work a different muscle group, and on the days I don't lift I do pushups, situps and stretching. I also have a one hour karate class three days a week, and the workouts vary from mild (stretching and practicing forms) to intense - running sprints and sparring. I typically burn 200-400 calories daily exercising.
Joanne77
on 5/17/11 12:36 am
I will be 4 months on Thursday.  A typical day for me looks like this;
B - protein shake
L - 3 oz. chicken, 1/4 C veggie (some days I don't eat the veggie)
Snack - cheese stick or chobani or cottage cheese
D - 3 oz. with 1/4 C veggie
occasionally a second snack depending on how late I eat my dinner.
Dee H.
on 5/17/11 12:42 am - Rochester, NH
Hi,  I am 4 months out too.
Breakfast: Protein Shake
Snack: 3 peanut butter crackers
Lunch: protein Shake
Dinner: 3 oz of meat protein
Snack: 1/2 cup fat free/ Sugar free chocolate pudding
Plenty of water and 2 multivitamins/2 viactive Vitamins and  one B-12 
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXVUTID/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wXVUTID/weight.png">>

Bootssie
on 5/17/11 4:27 am - CA
RNY on 12/17/10 with
Hey Dee, I noticed you said you are taking Viactiv.  Is that what you are using for your calcium?  If so, just wanted to let you know we can't absorb that because it's the wrong kind of calcium.  We need calcium citrate. 
psx chelly
on 5/17/11 1:44 am, edited 5/17/11 1:46 am

almost 4 months for me....

Bfast - 1 serving of egg beaters (which is equal to 1 egg), about a tablespoon of shredded low fat cheese, and a tablespoon of milk to keep them fluffy. OR 1/2 cup of 1% small curd cottage cheese.

Mid Morn snack - Metamucil Fiber Wafer, 10oz hot green tea, plain

1 hour to 45 mins before lunch, 12oz of protein drink

Lunch - Either 3oz of meat with veggies, OR some flavor of low fat soup.  Depends on how hungry I feel.

Snack - Beef Jerky or cheese stick (I only snack if I am truly hungry)

My commute is 1.5 hours, so I have an Atkins Advantage low carb protein bar in the car.  Sometimes I eat it, sometimes not.

Dinner - depends on my appetite.  I cook my food separately from my husbands, and most of the time we eat different stuff.  When I cook for me, sometimes I loose my appetite, yet other times I will take a couple bites, sometimes I finish my whole dinner.  It just depends.

1 Hour before Bed - Protein drink

Of course there is all kinds of water drinking and vitamin taking mixed into all that.

Oh, PS: if I eat lettuce or spinach or things like that... I am also surprised at the volume I can eat, but its never more than a measuring cup full.

ephraimmeir77
on 5/17/11 2:51 am - CA
Almost four months out.
Breakfast: FF Greek Yogurt with 3 splendas and a teasspoon of SF jelly.
Snack: Myplex lite Protien Shake
Lunch:3-4 slices of FF sliced turkey breast and 4-6 Trader Joe's Savory Thins
Snack: SF pudding Cup
Dinner (early around 5:30)- 3 oz Chicken breast and a side of Green Beans or asparagus
Snack:FF Cottage Cheese with a couple of green olives or sour pickle relish
Notice that everything is either FF or extremely low fat. The TJ Savory Thins are 2.5 grams of fat for 15 cracker and I never have more than 5-6 at a time. I eat the same thing almost every day.
Ephraim Osgood

Coreen13
on 5/17/11 6:00 am - MA
Thanks everyone so much!  This is a good reality check that I am eating too much.