REPOST: RVA WLS GRADUATES!

Lauren B
on 5/17/11 1:25 pm - VA
I wanted to inform the locals in Richmond VA (or any other surrounding area residents willing to travel) that I have started up a weight loss support group for 3 years+ post-op graduates with our esteemed Mary D. by my side. I’m hosting the group through www.meetup.com. The group can be found at http://www.meetup.com/RVAWLSGrads.  Please contact me privately if you are unfamiliar with Meetup and need help accessing the site, setting up a profile and joining the group. 

Meetup is JUST what it sounds, a place where interest groups join together and create “meetups", aka events, to join together with like minded individuals. I’m an Asst-Organizer for two other groups on Meetup and find it to be a wonderful way to network locally and meet new people.

I hope to see a great response and to begin, I will be hosting the support group out of my home. As we get our membership numbers up, we will be offering all kinds of different meetups to include other meeting locations around Richmond, group exercise activities, social time on the town for eats, coffee, etc. ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME. SO CONTACT ME TO GET INVOLVED!  

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Mary D.
on 5/17/11 10:11 pm - Richmond, VA
I am the Mary D. that is helping Lauren with this group! There is a strong need for long term post-op support and most hospital support groups are geared to pre-ops and short term post-ops. We have a lot of ideas for socializing, supporting, and fun times. I know there are some VA people on this board, so please consider joining us!

Mary D. 
Pre op: 260 lbs, 5'3"
Goal reached 14 months later: 130 lbs
Regain over next 3.5 years to a high of: 166 lbs
Current weight: 135.8 lbs and heading back to 130 lbs!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 245 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics