I have to postpone surgery

darknlovelyII
on 5/17/11 5:16 am - FL
Okay, My MOOD IS VERY SAD, I went to complete my 3rd step and schedule my surgery today. Only to get a disappointment of my life my surgeon told that I have to come back in 30 days and loose at least 30 - 40 pds before I can have the RNY done, Wow my face drop to the floor my BMI was way up from 4mths prior my seeing  him well now its time to get on the move and get busy. He told me too go see the dietitian and we set a 1200cal diet that will guarantee 6pds a week with supervision once a week. Please help me with this family I have come too far to let this weight defeat me I  want to live a healthy lifestyle I'm tried of staying in  my home ashamed of my weight. I want to run a play with my little nieces and nephew's I want to shop like other people. HELP ME STAY ON TRACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks,
Sad and upset
azreggie
on 5/17/11 5:22 am - Tucson, AZ
They do this so you can have a safe surgery.  You can do this.  We can do hard things, one day at a time, one meal at a time.  I lost 11 lbs in one week before surgery, and if I can do it, so can you. Its so your liver will shrink and you have an uneventful surgery. For every thing you don't eat, think about all the new clothes you're going to have to buy!  You can do it...

Reggie

EboniLamis
on 5/17/11 5:34 am - MI

I agree you can do it.  I am just begining the process to get approved for my surgery and my surgeon told us that we would have to lose weight and that he would not proform the surgery if we gained.  I have to lose the same amount we can do it.  I feel the same way as you.  Its is hard but if we don't change our eating habits first we will slip back to where we are currently. 

gracie5
on 5/17/11 6:03 am
Hi-you can do this!! This is what your doc thinks is best, you have came this far ,you will do it, be positive, best wishes and hugs to you, don't be ashamed of yourself, love yourself!!
silly_sandy
on 5/17/11 6:23 am - IL
You can do it!  You've come this far, you can make it to the end!  Working with a dietitian will really help.  Stay focused, keep looking forward to that surgery.  I had to do a 6 month supervised diet and it seemed to last forever, but I did lose 40 lbs.  Losing will help make your surgery safer.  Now's a great time to stop the caffiene, soda and junk food.  You will have to stop all of this after so why not start now?  Good luck!  Don't be sad.  It's just another hoop to jump through, but it's an amazing feeling setting a goal and making it. 

I know what it felt like to stay inside because I was ashamed of how I looked.  I stopped going to family functions, meeting with friends, posting pics of Facebook, etc...It's worth this last little push to get you to a thinner, happier you.  I'm over 2 months out and I'm SO happy I had my RNY.  I wish I would have done it sooner!  Hang in there.  We are all here for you!

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
darknlovelyII
on 5/17/11 8:39 pm - FL
I would like to personally thank everyone who took the time out and read also replyed to my post. I have gotten alot of feed back and words of encouragement, motovation words that I can do all things that strenghnes me. Yes, I was sad and upset but as I was told its was for the best saving my life is more important than the worst outcome of getting on that table never to wake up again. I will start my new journey today of a 1200 cal diet in hopes of seeing some results soon, I ask that everyone please keep me in mind and on track as I do so  desire to acheive my goal so that one day some I will be on the loser bench with the rest of the Weight Lose Family. Be in courage and let nothing stand i our way. Once again thank you to all you.

Thank you,
Its a new day
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 6:57 am - Boston, MA
 I lost 25 lbs during the 2 week pre op diet.. I had 2 protein shakes a day and 4oz of chicken/steak and a cup of veggies every night.. do that and you will lose weight fast and I was not hungry it was pretty easy for me.  I wish you luck!  I was told to ose 10 lbs before surgery, I ended up losing the 25.. my friend who's lighter than me also has to lose 30.. every doctor is different.. but you CAN DO IT!
darknlovelyII
on 5/17/11 8:38 pm - FL
I would like to personally thank everyone who took the time out and read also replyed to my post. I have gotten alot of feed back and words of encouragement, motovation words that I can do all things that strenghnes me. Yes, I was sad and upset but as I was told its was for the best saving my life is more important than the worst outcome of getting on that table never to wake up again. I will start my new journey today of a 1200 cal diet in hopes of seeing some results soon, I ask that everyone please keep me in mind and on track as I do so  desire to acheive my goal so that one day some I will be on the loser bench with the rest of the Weight Lose Family. Be in courage and let nothing stand i our way. Once again thank you to all you.

Thank you,
Its a new day
SugarGrl
on 5/17/11 9:54 am
I'm behind you girlfriend!  You can do this.  Keep your eye on the prize.  It is very much worth it! 

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

darknlovelyII
on 5/17/11 8:37 pm - FL

Thank you,
Its a new day
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 187 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?