Pre-op diet question

kgee
on 5/17/11 5:50 am - MD
 I've started my pre-op diet.  I'm doing Medifast... 5 shakes a day and one lean/green meal per day.  

Did anyone else do this diet?  If so, any tips on how to feel energized throughout the day?  I get shaky, weak and really hungry about lunchtime.  I try to make it until dinner so I can eat w/ DH and my son but some days its such a struggle.

Also, what did you choose as your lean/green meal?
Pholaris
on 5/17/11 5:53 am
I had to do Optifast for 2 weeks before surgery, no other meals... so nothing solid, just the shakes. I won't lie, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. It is specially hard on the first few days, then the body adjusts and it gets a little better.

Focus on your surgery date and how fast is approaching and nothing else... it was the only thing that kept me sane during that stage... and it was all worth it :)
Pregnancy%20ticker
silly_sandy
on 5/17/11 6:09 am - IL
I feel your pain!  I did this diet 2 weeks before surgery.  I could do eggs, pancakes, shakes, bars or soups (with the exception of the bars, it was mostly liquid).   Wish I could have had a lean meal a day.   It is SO hard!  I was emotional, shaky and tired by about the 4th day.  I swear, my face felt flushed the whole time!  The good news is that after your surgery, you won't be hungry and you'll have to force yourself to eat.  But, in the meantime, call your NUT if you're struggling.  I wish I would have.  I cheated here and there with slices of turkey meat.  I also broke down and swung through McDonalds for a last hoorah.  Don't do that.  You'll regret it and it's not worth jeopardizing your surgery.  Call the NUT, tell them you're struggling and if you can add something extra to the diet.  It's better to do that then break down and really cheat like I did.

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 9:57 am
i am currently on day 6 of my medi trim diet.you are lucky ,i get the 2 shakes and a bar aday plus 2 cups of specific veggies and thats it.i usually have steamed broc with garlic and cucumbers. 
good luck
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 242 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views