Syntrax Matrix Protein

ahmerzrealm
on 5/19/11 8:33 am - Naperville, IL
Syntrax says there are 3 types of proteins blended into this product. When I contacted them they said the main difference between Nectar and Matrix is that  Matrix is fast acting protein while Nectar is slow burning (normal) protein.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this being a better protein mix than Nectar (and the like) ?
DWard
on 5/19/11 8:50 am - Lyons, NY
Sorry, I don't know about the better/healthier protein blend,  I just started using the Matrix this week.  I do know and can comment on the flavor and ease of blending.  I bought the Cookies 'n Cream and Strawberry flavors.  They taste really great.  There is no powdery, gritty taste to either of them.  They mix exceptionally well.  And, I use them both with water.  Yes, they taste better in milk, but to cut calories they can easily be mixed with water and still taste great! 
azreggie
on 5/19/11 9:28 am - Tucson, AZ
Nectar is 100 % whey isolate protein which is the best for us.  I can't think of any better. 

Reggie

psx chelly
on 5/19/11 10:04 am

The only difference i saw in the two was that Matrix is Whey Protein "Concentrate" and Nectar is Whey Protein "Isolate"

I have read that Isolate is better for us.  But i am sure a more seasoned person will answer you.

ahmerzrealm
on 5/19/11 10:11 am - Naperville, IL
No you are totally correct. Isolate is what we are supposed to use not concentrate. I didnt realize this..great catch
Lady Lithia
on 5/19/11 10:28 am
The big difference between isolate and concentrate is that concentrate has fat and sugar, and isolate doesn't. This makes Isolate the BEST bang for the buck... but doesn't mean that concentrate is "BAD" or that we don't absorb it. Also for those who are ACUTELY lactose intolerant, the 1.5 g of lactose in the concentrate MIGHT cause issues. (I'm lactose intolerant postop, but it doesn't bother me....and I drink three or four of these a day)

I used the Nectars during my weight LOSS phase. 90 calories, 23.5 g of protein, lotsa bang for that buck, and boy did that cost a lot of money too!

Now that I'm in maintenance I use the Matrix. 110 calories, 23.5 g of protein, so I get more calories in a sitting, and as a result, that 1.5 g of sugar, and that 1.5 g of fat might make me gain weight (not likely)... it's milder in flavor, much more gentle to my pocketbook, and I still get the same amount of protein per beverage.

So I personally have used both extensively, and buy the Matrix exclusively.

The thing about what the company says about the product, their words are designed for the normal gutted person, rather than us.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Jane K.
on 5/19/11 11:44 am - Clinton, TN
I agree with Lady L.  I also find that as far out as I am now, I find the concentrate to be more filling and keeps me full longer then the isolates. Oh, and I will repeat, the flavor is great!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."  Lin Yutang

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 200 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics