Bugging Out

ahmerzrealm
on 5/21/11 1:28 am - Naperville, IL
I have been very good about making it to the gym. But then a strange thing happens. I get anxious and irritated once I get there. This sucks all the motivation to work out outta me. Subsequently I end up leaving.

I dont know if this is an issue to be discussed with a therapist or if this something some of you have experienced as well ?

Any input regarding will be much appreciatedl.
Michelle1130
on 5/21/11 1:36 am - Fairbanks, AK

My idea is for you to find another way to get your exercise.  I don't enjoy the gym either.  I like to exercise when it doesn't feel like exercise, walking the dog, playing on a softball team, yard work.  Maybe you need to find something you enjoy more than going to a place that is soley dedicated to exercise.  This could be something different every day?  I also enjoy goup classes when it comes to exercise because it doesn't get boring.  You will find what works for you, but I get where you are coming from.  Good luck!
Michelle

cate81
on 5/21/11 1:50 am
 I agree, try running/walking/jogging with music or an at home workout dvd, it might be more comfortable for you. Good luck!

ahmerzrealm
on 5/21/11 2:01 am - Naperville, IL
I think you guys are on to something. I just realized how bored I am with my routine at the gym. I practically worship the elliptical machine (tunnel vision). I am gonna mix up the machines I use at the gym for my cardio. I am certain to get some outdoor excercise as I have joined a hiking group in my area.

I know this should have been obvious but you guys helped me refocus... thank you so much :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics