Tired of chewing....

bridget B.
on 5/22/11 8:48 pm
I still tend to eat fast and tolerate it fine.  I keep my portion sizes small, so I never get too full...but am satisfied.  But, I find that I can't stand taking the time it takes to chew really dense food.  take jerky for instance...I'm not doing it!  Even chix or steak can be so cumbersome to me...chewchewchew....my jaws get sore.  So, I go for softer things...like meat balls, shrimp, tender diced chix, Wendy's chili.  Of course there is yogurt and cheese...other 'slider foods'....  Don't get me wrong, I do get a variety but I just get so tired of chewing and it taking FOREVER to eat a meal.  Anybody else like that out there?

Bridget Fortune Burns

psx chelly
on 5/22/11 11:05 pm
Pre surgery, I was also a super fast eater, and I also loved to drink water / tea throughout my entire meal.

I was told that the chew chew chew serves two purposes.  One, of course is that you mush the food up so you can digest it....  trust me, this is true.  Secondly, your brain needs to register that you have eaten.  So the prolonged time it takes to eat meals lets your brain recognize that youve eaten and youre full.  It works... trust me.  I am a reformed fast eater.  Now my main meals take no less than 20 - 30 mins to eat and i recognize when i am full.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics