tummy tuck

horkeler1
on 5/23/11 11:58 pm - Windsor, CO
has anyone had after surgeries for a tummy tuck and breast augmentation?and does united medical insurance help pay for the the panniculectomy atleast?it will be a year in oct so i would do til after that and be at a steady wt 
sonnieN
on 5/24/11 1:24 am - grand rapids, MI
You'll have to contact your insurance company to see if you policy does allow it. Someone else may have the same insurance as you but their company bought a different type of policy that may cover it and yours may have a rider that excludes it based on your company policy. Only way to find out is to call or read your companies insurance policy completely. They will also tell if they do cover it what criteria need to be met in order for it to be covered.
lynnc99
on 5/24/11 3:27 am
Yes, each policy is different. You can often find a phone number on your insurance card - call and ask specifically about any exclusions for the procedures you would be looking at.

My insurance does not cover any plastics, but I have been surprised to see that some friends did have coverage. They did have to provide documentation of medical necessity, though.
ShrinkingCera
on 5/24/11 5:50 am
 I know my panni doctor said that most insurances want a documented problem due to rashes or pain from the stomach area... I am not sure how long, or what type of documentation was needed... however even though I had 24 pounds of skin and flab removed from my stomach, I had to self pay since I had no issues.  

All I could say is do the initial consult with your plastic surgeon and find out... they know well which ones cover it and how to go about getting it done.  

-Sarah

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views