OT- Interview - need prayers and advice

Carrie W.
on 5/23/11 6:36 am - KY
I got laid off two days before surgery.  That was almost 2 months ago.  I had a phone interview this afternoon and I just got a call back for an on site interview on Thursday.  

I'm terrified!!  One thing, I have NOTHING to wear.  I can't wear the suits I wore right out of college and I have nothing that fits now.  Also it's been 5 years since I've interviewed,  This is a huge company and really it's an engineer's dream job.  Unfortunately, I haven't used my degree a whole lot over the past 5 years.  I was happy where I was and just as happy not being challenged too much.  (LAZY).  So .....  I've got some studying to do ....  
DisneyLover
on 5/23/11 6:48 am - WI
good luck!  maybe try goodwill and see if anyone has dumped anything nice there.  you might luck out.

Sarah

Carrie W.
on 5/23/11 7:32 am - KY
Thanks!  I'll have to hit the goodwill tomorrow ......
Jewel_in_hiding
on 5/23/11 6:50 am - Raleigh, NC
I am there with you   I got laid off in january from my full time job and my seasonal part time job ended in April.  I have an interview on the 1st (for a job using my degree) so I spent this past weekend looking at suits as none of mine fit. 

Good luck at your interview!!!! 
Top is my progress, Bottom is to Surgeon's Goal

Carrie W.
on 5/23/11 7:34 am - KY
My suits are still too small, lol.  I may have to pull a Mini Pearl ..... :)

Thanks and good luck to you too!!
Laura A.
on 5/23/11 7:31 am - Manteca, CA
Also try the American Cancer Society re-sale shops or a 'nearly new' consignment shop....they'll have up-scale stuff for the job market.

Congrats on the interview!!

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

Carrie W.
on 5/23/11 7:35 am - KY
Thanks!  I'm still in a 26.  I wonder if consignment shops would have big enough clothes?  I'll have to look....

Thanks!
Laura A.
on 5/23/11 7:41 am - Manteca, CA
Too bad you weren't closer.  I'd take you to my sister's closet and let you have at it.  She has soooo many new clothes, still with tags.  I was amazed when I helped her move a while back....

She wishes she could get down to a 26    Still working on her to at least think about surgery....

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

Lori W.
on 5/23/11 7:50 am - Russellville, MO
I cant help with the clothing issue but the best advice I can give you on the interview part is to research the company so you know what their mission statement is and about the company. And most important of all is dont be afraid to toot your own horn convince them that they have to hire you that nobody else will do. Good luck on both finding the business suit and the interview I know you will do great.
Lori

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/23/11 7:52 am
When I bought a few clothes at Goodwill I saw Talbot clothes on the rack in size 26/28.  I was looking for smaller clothes anticipating going down.  I wondered where all those nice were when I was looking for a correct size.

Winnie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 571 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 364 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 278 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 461 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 377 views