Protein Water???

ChasingButterflies
on 5/23/11 3:26 pm - FL
My doc told me about some protein water, but I can't remember the name of it to save my life.  Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Pre-Surgery Weight: 315  RNY 2-28-2011
poet_kelly
on 5/23/11 3:38 pm - OH
I know of protein drinks mixed with water instead of milk.  They are not so much like shakes but more like juice or koolaid or gatorade or lemonade or iced tea.  I've never heard of a drink that was jus****er but had any amount of protein.

I'm guessing you want something other than milky shakes?

Try Syntrax Nectar.  They have lemonade, lemon tea, and some crystal light type flavors.

Try Isopure ready to drink.  They are fruity flavors, kina like juice.  Maybe fruit punch.

Try Cytosport ready to drink.  I thought they were a lot like Gatorade only I thought they had a nasty aftertaste I could not deal with.  But some like them.

Try Unjury chicken soup - mixed with water, of course.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lori W.
on 5/23/11 3:50 pm - Russellville, MO
I was doing some searching yesterday and came across some water by Muscle Milk called Muscle Milk H2O. So I decided to check it out some more I havent had my surgery yet but here are the nutrition facts for this product. Dont know if you can find it in stores.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Bottle (16 oz)
Amount Per Serving
Calories - 60
Total Fat - 0 g
Sodium - 25 mg
Potassium - 50 mg
Total Carbohydrate - 6 g
   Dietary Fiber - 5 g
   Sugars - 0 g    
Protein - 10 g

Ingredients: Purified Water, Whey Protein Isolate (derived from milk), Digestive Resistant Maltodextrin (Soluble Dietary Fiber), Natural Flavors, Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extract (color), Phosphoric Acid, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate.

Gluten Free

Lori

serenadawn76
on 5/23/11 3:56 pm - Vacaville, CA
Lori you are right! My Safeway store carries the Muscle Milk Protein water. I really like them. The grapefruit is really good!
Serena xo         
Ladytazz
on 5/23/11 5:30 pm
 There is also Special K protein water.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Linda112
on 5/23/11 8:02 pm - NH
I just bought strawberry kiwi special k protein water at Walmart last night...haven't tried it yet.
  Linda112    
hazelnut6
on 5/23/11 8:18 pm
I have a box of the Special K Strawberry Kiwi and the Tea Protein packets.  They are really good!  One word of warning...they are really sweet so I only use about a half of a packet for a water bottle instead of a whole.  Or use a extra large water bottle.  You're still getting a lot of protein out of it.

BTW - they are sugar free

Wishmeluck123
on 5/23/11 9:08 pm
Probably Isopure - You can get it at GNC. I just tried Alpine Punch for the 1st time and I cannot get it down....If you try another flavor and like it could you please let me know lol.....I am  trying to find a protein drink in a liquid form tolerable....Also gatorade just came out with one but it has quite a bit of sugar.......So keep me posted if you can...and let me know what you come up with!

Good luck and happy drinking..... LOL....Sorry they make me laugh these cute smileys...

Peace & Blessings....

Melissa~

ChasingButterflies
on 5/23/11 9:32 pm - FL
Isopure!  That was it!  Thanks for all the suggestions.

I've looked for the special K packets and can't find them.  Where are ya'll buying them?
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Pre-Surgery Weight: 315  RNY 2-28-2011
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 759 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 88 views