Tricky Tricky Brain!!!

TJN66
on 5/24/11 1:13 am - Elmira, NY
Good Morning Everyone!
So I am 14 months out from surgery.  You would have thought I have seen everything my body is willing to do to get me to eat.  Well...apparently not!  Last night I was looking at shoe racks on the internet.  Not really paying attention to what I was actually doing.  I was drinking of cup of chai latte tea.  Hmmm...my head says I need something salty after that. 
So I grab some cheddar rice cakes.  70 calories.  Hmmm..doesnt do it for me.  I grab a couple of baked chips...again it doesnt do it for me.  So I then grab a small biscuit.  (Bad I know I know!)  All the time I am still trying to find a shoe rack.  After I ate a couple bite of the biscuit I jerk my head around and look at my hand. 
What the heck is going on???  I look at my hand like it has a mind of its own when really its my brain!  I need to pay way more attention to what I am doing. 
My primary md doesnt want me to lose anymore weight so that is how I am justifying it today =)   Im at 130 pounds and he doesnt want me any thinner than that.  So..I know falling off the train once or twice will not kill me but man oh man...I was just shocked at how tricky my brain was yesterday!!
Tammy       250 presurg/160 surgeons goal
                  130 my goal/130 currently

Suite1
on 5/24/11 1:33 am - Dayton, OH
Thanks for sharing.  I notice that at just 8 months out, I still have to be careful when eating out with others, especially if there is a lot of conversation.   I very easily find myself forgetting to chew thoroughly and have had more cases of the foamies in the past two months than the first six combined.  

It's a good reminder that we're dealing with a lifetime of bad habits and it's going to take a long time to ultimately overcome and replace all of them.   Progress, not perfection. 

Thanks for sharing.

tg
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

rbednarski
on 5/24/11 1:57 am
RNY on 04/23/10 with
"So I grab some cheddar rice cakes.  70 calories.  Hmmm..doesnt do it for me.  I grab a couple of baked chips...again it doesnt do it for me.  So I then grab a small biscuit.  (Bad I know I know!)  All the time I am still trying to find a shoe rack.  After I ate a couple bite of the biscuit I jerk my head around and look at my hand. 
What the heck is going on???"

Carbs, carbs, carbs.  Nothing stimulates hunger like carbs.  Maybe snacks like jerky or almonds would work better for you.

Highest ever: 390    Weight at 1st appt.: 365   Weight at surgery: 346

TJN66
on 5/24/11 2:10 am - Elmira, NY
Aye...I totally agree.  Like I posted I was not thinking about what I was doing at all! 
Tammy       250 presurg/160 surgeons goal
                  130 my goal/130 currently

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 518 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?