Home and doing good!

tbartz
on 5/25/11 6:56 am
Well, I had my surgery on Monday the 23rd.  The surgery was delayed about 6hrs due to an emergancy surgery on a little one (they are doing good they told me).  I was getting soo hungry and sick from not eating or drinking anything during that wait that I was feeling sick.  So when they finally took me to surgery I told the orderly I was going to puke.  He told me I was fine.  I said "Nope I am not".  I sat up grabbed the blanket and puked.  I felt sooo much better after that!  The surgery was boring according to my doc because it was very easy and routine for him.

I came home yesterday and I feel great.  I am still sore, but that is getting better.  I am getting about an ounce down of food/water and hour.  So I hope that is enough! 

I did weigh myself this morning and according to my scale I am down 6lbs since Monday.

nomoresugar
on 5/25/11 7:20 am
glad you are feeling on the mend.  get as much water as you can.  Dehydration is a real risk at this point in your recovery.  Also, don't get hung up on the scale.  It can/will make you miserable at some point.
alumtube
on 5/25/11 7:46 am - KY
I had my Lap RNY on Monday the 23rd as well. Everything went fine. I'm worried about getting my liquids and protein in as well. It's 530pm and I'm just at 32oz and 30g protein. i just got home from the hospital today and the pain meds knock me out for 2 hours.

I'm not looking at the scale, though my mom asked me to get on it as soon as I got home to see how much I had lost. LOL I was the same weight that I went in as. Not worried though.

Have you had the 'foamies'? I have. It's weird. A lot of trapped gas, which is painful. I have to say, I'm still in the "what have I done!' stage.

Good luck on your journey!
princessfrogee
on 5/26/11 1:07 am - AL
Cogratulatons!  Glad all went well! 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?