Ugh I am hungry

Anna M.
on 5/25/11 8:59 am - Manchester, NH
Just wanted to ***** I am only two weeks out and don't feel full when I eat and I thnk I'm still hungry when I'm done.

Ugh. I know it's all in my head. Thanks for letting me vent.

* Starting weight: 383 * Day of Surgery: 363 * Ticker includes weight lost pre-op *
Tessmama_of4
on 5/25/11 9:03 am
We all know just how you feel I am 4 weeks out and feel hungry as well. But I just find my water and start drinking:) Best of luck
cgnnala
on 5/25/11 9:09 am, edited 5/24/11 9:10 pm
It was more like 6-8 weeks before I starting having a feeling of fullness when I ate. Everyone told me it was due to healing, swelling, recovery, etc. Just stick to your plan, eat the right types of things and get the protein in. Getting the protein up has greatly helped me and has increased my losses. I healed faster and felt fuller because of the shakes/protein. NMost of the hunger I experienced was in my head. I actually missed sitting down to a plate of food. It took using a saucer and a smaller utensil to help me there. It is still a problem but not as bad now. Good luck to you.

Referral date: December 9, 2010                   First appointment: January 17, 2011
Approved for surgery: February 23, 2011     Surgery date: March 14, 2011

Onederland: May 9, 2011  
                             Diabetes-GONE, HBP-GONE (no meds since 3/13)
ebonykitten
on 5/25/11 9:18 am
gurl, i am 5 days post op and i feel like i am starvin to death..if i wasnt scared id die, id go to el pollo loco and get me a chicken thigh and some pico degallo.HUNGRY>> i am ready to start feeling like i did the right thing for the right reason.. ok. nap time..cranky cry baby done.
Perfumesheep
on 5/25/11 9:26 am - CT
RNY on 11/01/10 with
I was hungry pretty early on, I felt it in my old stomach and my pouch was numb from having the nerves cut, so I didn't feel full until like 2 months or more out. Just be careful and you will be surprised one day when you swallow a few bites and suddenly you feel it.
bankgirl
on 5/25/11 11:15 am
I think I woke up from surgery hungry and have been hungry ever since! I wish I felt that satiated feeling that everyone talks about. I just make sure to measure my food so I  can't overeat too much!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 214 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics