Preop appointment today & I'm asking for suggestions please

Jodi H.
on 5/25/11 7:46 pm - Apache Junction, AZ

It's been a VERY rough week (My little Scion XB was totalled on Tuesday) & I may not be thinking entirely clearly at this point so I'm reaching out to my OH friends.  Are there any specific questions I should be asking at my preop appointment today??  Thank you all in advance for your help.

As far as my car is concerned, I'm ok fortunately just very shaken up & very sad about what happened.  Once again the accident was not my fault.  I just seem to be a magnet for people that don't know how to drive.  A 17 yr old girl with a car FULL of other girls turned in front of me at a busy intersection.  I haven't even gotten as much as an apology for this mistake even though she was ticketed for failure to yield & her insurance company has been FAR from nice to me. 

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
princessfrogee
on 5/25/11 11:03 pm - AL
Sorry to hear about your accident.  I am just glad to hear everyone was safe!

I have not yet had surgery, but these are some questions I have come up with just from reading other posts on this site...

1)  Barring no complications, how long is my hosp. stay?  Or what do you require from me in order to be discharged?
2) Will there be a dietician available to me while in the hosp?  Continuing for follow-up post op?
3) Do we continue taking our vitamins during pre-op diet?  
4) Will you be using staples or tape?  Will you be using drains?
5) If you go in to do the surgery and my liver has not shrunk enough, which direction do you tend to go?  Close me up and try again later?  Or go for the large incision?
6) Will you pre-order my pain meds or after care meds so I can have the Rx filled prior to surgery so I do not have to stop at a pharmacy on the way home?

Hope those help

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 322 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views