Motivate Me!!!

Cella123
on 5/26/11 12:41 pm - IL
I had surgery a month and a half ago. I have lost around 45 pounds so far. I really haven't worked out yet because I have fibromyalgia and after I get off of work I feel like dying. I feel so lazy still. How did you get yourself motivated to exercise. I don't want to blow this chance i have to lose weight.

Lori P.
on 5/26/11 12:58 pm - Kenosha, WI
I did not start exercise until after 3-4 months out.  I had to return to work full time 8 days after surgery....that was more than enough "exercise" for me and with the pain and total exhaustion I had zero energy to even consider any type of exercise early out.  I also have arthritis.   I still lost weight without issues.  Now, I run, do spin class, bike outside and weight lift. 

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

grmadeb01
on 5/26/11 1:08 pm - FL
i have to say, that if we were able to exericse before surgery, then maybe we would not have had to have the surgery...that being said, some of us have to loose the weight in order to be able to exercise...for me, i am down 45 pounds since dec. 10th, but my surgery was not until april 4th, so i just lost 25 since surgery..i have been trying to walk on my treadmill, but i also have a very large herniated disc in my back and that affects alot of mobility....i also have been trying to do some workouts in my pool...but that is all i have done for starters so far...if you can just start walking, if it just to the end of your drive way or even less..just start out slow and then gradually build up just a tab bit more the next week...but walking will do wonders and it does not have to be a fast paced walk...or turn on some music and crank it up so you can FEEL the music and just dance in your living room...just dance to have fun..just dance to move....just shake what your momma gave you..
hope this helps
have a great day
debby
Jeanne190
on 5/26/11 1:19 pm
I did not start working out until 6 months after surgery!  I just didn't have the energy!  After a year, I have lost enough that i don't feel so inhibited and I have hired a very motivational personal trainer that I use twice a week!  He gives me "homework" for the rest of the week.  I'm very motivated now and it is starting to feel good to do it!  Don't push yourself too much these first few months...the weight will come off and when you have your energy back and you are feeling less tired, then you will want to get started! 

Best of luck to you!
Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.  ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Letters to Lucilius

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 373 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 500 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 124 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?