Back pain, hiccups... oh, and I sound like a dinosaur

AnnNo
on 5/27/11 12:22 am - PA
Hello,

I had my surgery on May 16th and have had a pretty uneventful recovery. I was told by my Dr I could move onto soft foods and have been experimenting with tuna, white fish, mashed potatoes, etc.

The first week I was thinking I was really hungry and now nothing. I do not feel hungry or thirsty or anything. I have to make myself eat and drink. Yay. Isopure drinks are my best friend.

I am having ta few odd(?) issues though... everytime I eat or drink ANYTHING I am getting the worst hiccups. Is this normal? Also, as soon as I eat or drink I make these noises from my stomach and throat that sound like dinosaur mating calls. It is embarassing! Is this normal?

Lastly, yesterday I ate some mahi mahi and about 45 minutes later I had the worst backpain I have ever felt (and as a big-boobed girl all my life, I can handle some back pain)! Right at the small of my back. This happened when I was in the hospital and right after too, and they said it was gas. Gas-X does nothing. I laid down with my knees bent and it finally subsided. Did anyone else have this issue?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Surgery Weight: 287 * Surgeon Goal: 170 * Personal Goal: 155 * 5'7, 25yrs old

Surgery Date: Mon, May 16th 2011
Current Weight 6/12: 259

adamsamah
on 5/27/11 12:35 am - Nixa, MO
My food plan did not allow anything that solid only ten days after surgery. You might try going back to full liquids for a few more days and then pureed for at least a week after that. Think that may be why your pouch is grouchy.
Hugs,
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

Carrie W.
on 5/27/11 12:43 am - KY
I have no idea about the back pain. As far as the dino in your tummy, yep I have that too. Even now if I drink fast, it sounds bad. I *think* it's food/fluid moving out of the pouch. In the beginning, I thought I could actually feel stuff leaving my pouch. I ate too much really early out and that HURT.

Good luck figuring out the back pain!
psx chelly
on 5/27/11 1:02 am

Yes, I had the crazy noises from my gut also.  I still have them ocasionally.

I also make what I call squeeky noises that start in my stomach and come up through my throat.  Its not a burp, its just some noises.  My friend at work hears them sometimes when we eat together.  Maybe some of the nuts and bolts are comming loose.

The first month or so, I also did not feel hungry at all.  I ended up scheduling my protein, and soups just so I had nutrients in me.

I am not sure about the fish re: back pain... but I ate a pickle about a month ago, then 30 mins later I thought I had a kidney stone... so no more pickles for me for a while.

cajungirl
on 5/27/11 1:45 am, edited 5/27/11 1:45 am
Hiccups are a full signal for many, others noise runs.

The noises are part of it, sounds like an alien trying to escape.  Even at 6 years out mine still makes the occassional noise although not as loud as it did early out.

Congrats and best wishes, your year is going to be wild and crazy.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

RedAppleCandie
on 5/27/11 2:20 am
Ha, glad I am not the only one with a rumbly in my tumbly. 

My fiancee and I will be sitting next to each other, and his tummy will roar, then mine will roar right back.  It's like they are speaking to each other!

AnnNo
on 5/27/11 3:16 am - PA
Thanks everyone. I am wondering if my backpain may be because of constipation... Calling my dr...

Surgery Weight: 287 * Surgeon Goal: 170 * Personal Goal: 155 * 5'7, 25yrs old

Surgery Date: Mon, May 16th 2011
Current Weight 6/12: 259

tinkerbaby
on 5/29/11 10:41 am - NY
LMAO... this post was serious... but very cute! I laughed all the way thru it. And I had my surgery on May 18th .... and have had the same growl... roars... and rumbles. And yes they seem pretty loud to me. Atleast we know we are not alone... and hahahahaha to the hubby and wifes talking back and fourth... that was cute.. thank u guys for some comefort and a good laugh.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics