Gross TMI

Dee2011
on 5/27/11 2:32 am - PA
Ok, so i have been having good BM's with the help of Miralax and benefiber.  But this morning I woke up and have to go but can't get it out.  It hurts to sit.  I called the Dr. office and they told me to try MOM.  I took a dose of that around 10 but still nothing.  How long does this take to work?  Should I continue to drink and wait or go to ER, which is about an hour away. I have never had this before.
facethemusic
on 5/27/11 2:45 am
Give the MOM some time.  It can take a few hours for it to work.  I was told to take it with a huge glass of warm water.  I don't know if that really helps, but it worked for me last night. 

I've had BMs like that before.  This is gross, but once they get started things come out smoothly.  It's almost like there is a blockage right at the start of it.  I hate those kind of BMs.  I almost always end up with a tear of sorts.  

I hope your MOM works soon.  I would wait on going to the ER.  If the pain gets unbearable then go.  Odds are they will just give you an enema though.
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

Perfumesheep
on 5/27/11 3:01 am - CT
RNY on 11/01/10 with
 I would do an enema. Go get one of those fleet enemas, and grease up your butt with lots of vaseline (yeah i know, gross, but it works) I have had horrible episodes like this. That is a huge stool in there and vaseline will help it slip out less painfully. Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/11 3:27 am - Boston, MA
 This happened to me about a week and a half ago.. I finally caved and did an enema.. relief in 10 minutes and I've been fine ever since.  It's gross but you gotta do what you gotta do!!
Koko M.
on 5/27/11 3:35 am - Albany, CA
Well, yes, TMI coming at ya, but remember, you started it.I'm serious about the TMI, though.
Be warned.

So when you're seated and straining, relax for a second, reach under you with one hand, and put two fingers on either side of your, um... "opening", about an inch or so out on each side. (Live long and prosper indeed. You'll never look at Spock quite the same way, you know?) As you bear down, relax your bottom and press up on both sides with your fingers. Amazingly effective for those, "it's right there but it won't come out" situations.
I read this on another post here, credit where credit's due, and about a week later had the need to try it out... worked like a small miracle.

(Oh man, I've just ruined Star Trek.)

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

MommyosaRose
on 5/27/11 3:51 am
Koko that was a very graphic but accurate description of (in my opinion) one of the easiest ways to get those "peek-a-booing" suckers out! 

I love the Star Trek association and you're right; I will certainly never look at Spock the same way again! 

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

Karly Green
on 5/27/11 4:08 am - Middletown, NJ
So true. I do it on the rare occassion I need a little help. It really does help. Sometimes your bum just can't do it all on its own. LOL

Watch what I eat at myfitnesspal.com username karkar28
SugarGrl
on 5/27/11 3:57 am
Fleet Glycerine Suppositories.  That will help lube the area up.  It is very small in a bottle like a fleet enema but only holds about 2 tablespoons of glycerine.  They come 4 to a box and I got them at Walgreens.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

MommyosaRose
on 5/27/11 4:29 am
On a serious note; you should incorporate stool softeners into your daily supplement routine. I tried high fiber fruits and veggies, softener pills, Fiber Sure, Benefiber but the only thing that really worked for me and keeps me regular is prescription strength Miralax; Polyethylene Glycol. Once daily in 8-12oz of fluids and I never had issues again! 

Believe me, after going through what felt like childbirth for the 3rd time I promised myself I would find a way to get regular again, and I did! 

MOM, enemas and laxatives work well but are not intended for long term use as they can make your intestines dependent on them. Miralax is perfectly safe for long term use and does the job well. I get Rx strength because it comes out a lot cheaper for me to pay my RX copay than to buy it OTC. You should talk to your PCP to find out what would work better for you. 

Good luck!
Rose

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

Dee2011
on 5/27/11 11:25 am - PA
Thanks for all your replies.  I ended up in the ER.  Had xrays taken and not one but two enemas and then they sent me home with mag. citrate and told me to drink half the bottle in the a.m. and if nothing happens in 4 hours to drink the other half.  If I do not feel any better by Tuesday than I do now call the surgeons office.  If I get worse go back to ER.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 228 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?