Gallsontes?

AudLight
on 5/25/11 10:18 pm - GA
 I was experiencing extreme pain in my upper abdomen on Monday that started as more subtle pain on Sunday night.  About 12 hours after it started hurting I was in the ER.  They did x-rays and a CAT scan and took blood and found nothing wrong.  After a heavy dose of morphine I felt much better and the pain hasn't returned.  My thought is it might be gallstones.  Anyone have any experience with that and know if that might be the culprit?
   - Audrey

MrsFreund
on 5/25/11 10:21 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I just had the same issue. I'm pre surgery and my Dr, found a polup on my gallblader in an ultrasound and he is going to remove my gallbladder during surgery.

princessfrogee
on 5/25/11 10:42 pm - AL
I have not yet had RNY surgery, but years ago had my gallbladder removed.  I went through most of my first pregnancy fighting gallbladder attacks.  Everyone is different.  Some people just have what seems like indigestion and heartburn, some have a burning like fire, some have shortness of breath, then most have a pain like you cannot describe.  Mine shot from my right shoulder blade through to the front just under my right rib cage and would feel lke I could not breathe. It literally felt like someone had stabbed me witha hot poker.  Every time I had an attack I had stuff (vomit and otherwise) coming from both ends and became very dehydrated very fast. 

My pains ALWAYS came if I ate greasy food, fresh raw veggies or fruits and anything with red dye in it.  Mine was pretty bad and the pregnancy aggravated it the further along I got.  Be careful and do not ignore it if it continues to return, it can turn into pancreatitis.  Mine was doing that more and more further into my pregnancy and it was horrible. 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 220 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?