What pureed foods can you have?

merlinda
on 5/27/11 10:59 am
I'm curious as to what is on your list of acceptable pureed foods.  (I'm looking for ideas)
grmadeb01
on 5/27/11 11:11 am - FL
i came home from the hospital from surgery on purees...i tried a couple of things that were not already close to that, and it was really kind of gross..so then i decided i was not going to eat anything that was not already close to that stage when made...so that left me with...scrampbled eggs with ham and cheese, i would make a bit up and then just re heat what i wanted fro that meal, would last me a couple days, i would also add some con queso dip from my favorite mexican place and it would give it a bit of mexican flare to the eggs....i also ate tuna salad, and egg salad, minus the bread or crackers....i would make with mircle whip and pickle juice, then i added seasoned ground beef, or turkey made into taco meat, with some cheese on it....but that was a little bit further out...i was on puress for 2 weeks, so that is what i ate the whole time, and my greek yogurt and cheese....it got kind of boring after a bit, but it did go by quickly...when i got to add shrimp, boy was i happy to have real type of food..i am not just at the 8 week mark post op
have a great day, and happy eating
debby
katiecnm
on 5/27/11 11:52 am - Goshen, IN
I just finished with pureed foods.

I made "protein jello" with unflavored protein powder, sugar-free jello, and 1 c pureed fruit (I used pears, blueberries, and strawberries) in place of the cup of cold water. That tasted pretty good.

The other thing I dd was make a concoction I called "glop." I pureed a can of chicken pieces, a can of stew, and a cup of plain yogurt. It made about 5 cups all together. I would measure out my 1/3 c (the allowable amount at a meal) and put on 1/2 oz lowfat shredded cheese, and heat it up. It sounds gross, but tasted wonderful, and was 12 g protein a pop.

LBinSC0712
on 5/27/11 11:52 am
Make the ricotta bake from the world according to eggface's site, it is delish!

RedAppleCandie
on 5/27/11 12:16 pm
I have had chicken breast, ground bison and ground turkey. 
All popped into the blender until baby food style.  Then portioned out as needed. 

Cottage Cheese.  Eggs.  Protein shakes still (experimenting with new flavors).  Greek yogurt with some SF preserves.  SF pudding.  

Next week I get to have REAL foods, as long as they are chewed chewed chewed.  I can not wait.  

lori B.
on 5/27/11 1:47 pm
I started with scrambled eggs, a few drops of salsa verde and greek yogurt, it was heaven.  Cottage cheese with a sprinkle of bacon salt.  Pureed canned chicken, with a tablespoon of pasta sauce or salsa verde.  I only had a week of pureed but still doing the same things with a little added low fat cheese now.   Had oriental turkey patties tonight, yum.
Sasrah1972
on 5/27/11 2:02 pm - NY
I am 10 days out and my surgeon says soft and pureed till week 4 at the earliest. I am eating ground turkey, steamed sea bass, pureed winter squash, mashed sweet potatoes, soft boiled eggs, pureed chicken soup with vegetables, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, tuna or salmon with mayo, Popsicles, vitamin water and protein drink. I have mixed the yogurt with pureed prunes or peach baby food. Not so bad, I guess...
seashell6417
on 5/27/11 2:39 pm - Gaylord, MN
I kept scrambled eggs put through the food processor w/ some salsa to thin them out, ground turkey cooked w/ taco seasoning and pureed w/ salsa, ground turkey sausage cooked and pureed w/ salsa and refried beans in the fridge.  I frequently added one of the meats to either the eggs or the refried beans, topped w/ cheese and nuked until hot.  I then added Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream) and hot sauce before I ate it.  If you do try eggs, do so with caution.  So many people have a very hard time with them.  I was fortunate and they went down well.  Oh, and my bariatric team was fine with hot sauces and other spicy foods from the start. 

I also made a buffalo chicken concoction that I found posted on here and it was super good.  The recipe was as follows:

1 Lg can chicken (12.5 oz)
2 oz 0% fat greek yogurt
2 oz non fat cream cheese
4 tbsp Frank's Red Hot sauce (I used a lot more)
3 tbsp crumbled bleu cheese
a few shakes onion powder

Mix it all together and puree.  Cook in a saucepan until warmed through and melted.

As above, per 1/2 c. serving (you will probably eat considerably less than 1/2 c.)
  164 calories
4.6 g fat
1 g carbs
24.3 g protein
Tami

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views