Is this normal?

Craig C.
on 5/26/11 10:54 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Everyone

First off I wanted to thank everyone for all their advice and help since I started this journey. I had my Revision on May 5th and had some severe complications which made the doctors have to give me over 20 blood transfusions. I am doing great now and have been home since 5/12. My question is I have always been pretty hot natured. I usually sleep with just the sheet.  Now I realize that may lessen as I lose weight but I am only 3 weeks out  and I am always cold. Before the operation my skin radiated heat, now I feel like a popsicle. Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks everyone

Craig

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 10:56 pm - Boston, MA
 wow so glad you're ok Craig.. that must have been scary.  I have no reason why you.. WE are cold but I"m right there with you, I was always hot! now I'm freezing cold all the time, I hate it.. I feel like I can't get warm!  I'm looking forward to the next few days it's supposed to be over 80 here!
bonnietuck
on 5/26/11 11:03 pm - Canada
me too, thought this was only me, i need the heat on everytday and hardly get out of my coat, must be something to this. i was also always hot.....not anymore
Craig C.
on 5/26/11 11:11 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Glad to and sad to hear I am not the only one. Thanks for your responses. Does anyone know why this happens?

Craig

cajungirl
on 5/26/11 11:12 pm
Sorry about the complications, hope your recovery from here on out goes smoothly.

It's not uncommon to get cold even early out.  Some people experience for a short term and some of us I think forever.  I'm 6 years out and still ALWAYS cold.  Even now in the south (Louisiana) I'm using a space heater in my office daily and usually have a throw blanket on me at home.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

rondo
on 5/26/11 11:37 pm
Craig,

So glad you are doing better. I am sure it was a stressful ordeal for you. After reading the other posts I am glad to know that I am not alone in this "cold all the time" state. I am almost 1 year out and right now I am sitting in my office wearing a long sleeve shirt and fleece jacket. On many days I wear 2 pairs of socks. At home, I wear socks to bed and cuddle under a blanket while watching tv. Perhaps we lost our insulators when we lost our weight. I will gladly continue to wear extra layers of clothing for the rest of my life rather than the extra pounds I was wearing.
It is a better tradeoff in my opinion.

I wish you much warmth and great numbers as you continue your weight loss journey. God bless you!
Stacemonster
on 5/27/11 12:27 am
Maybe it's due to a change in metabolism?

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/27/11 2:27 am
Anesthesia will cause this as will weight loss.  You received a double wammy recently.

Winnie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?