Addicted to Food?

tbartz
on 5/28/11 7:52 am
I had my Surgery this passed week.  I would have never said I was consumed by food and it did not control me at all.  Well, now that I have had the surgery and I am not hungry I am seeing things from outside the box.  I am noticing how we could all easily be blindly controled by food.  It is every where you turn.  There was one commercial break that all it had was commercials for food.  Then you go for a drive and you are always a block or two away from food or sign selling food.  The next time I really noticed it was when my husband and I wanted to get out of the house and do something since we did not have the kids.  Well low and behold we noticed we always go out to eat as entertainment!  I never even realized we were doing that until we had to find something else to do!

I am still very happy I had this surgery and I am feeling great considering I am 6 days post op.  I thought this surgery would just help my joint pain because I was NOT a food addict.  Well, now I beg to differ because food was the center of a lot of the things my family and I did.  We are changing that now.  I am so glad my eyes are open and I can hopefully  help my kids not to end up like I did and make better choices.

TrueNorthFriend
on 5/28/11 8:23 am - Canada
Maybe if we had opened our eyes instead of our mouths we wouldn't have gotten into trouble!  8)  Congrats on your realizations and go with the flow!   Good luck with your children.  They're lucky to have a mom like you who will help them fend off the threat that obesity poses to long life and good health. 
Jacobsmama08
on 5/28/11 8:33 am - Morgan Hill, CA
I totally agree with you... we all are, skinny or fat. We all live our lives around food. I am finding it very hard to socialize with friends ... everything we do some how always ends up being about what are we eating, where are we eating, etc. And with my friends, if it's not food, then it's ****tails, which I cannot partake in, either! And then, of course, I'm "grumpy" . Whatever. LOL. Most of my friends are not what you would call 'healthy', So when I'm the skinny one, we'll see whose grumpy! Hah!

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 318 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 318 views