Last day to eat ;o)

lovinme4ever
on 5/28/11 11:21 pm
Today is the last day for me to eat like I have been for the last years (although for some reason I have been feeling less hunger lately - I think it is a mind thing). My in-laws are making homemade pizza for my "last supper." Tomorrow I start my liver shrinking diet for two weeks and then surgery on June 13th. I am ever excited and hope for no bumps in the road before June 13th. I do have a chest cold that needs to go away so that I can be healthy for my surgery date.
Lovinme4ever    
msromagnola
on 5/28/11 11:29 pm
I remember being in your mindset before surgery - I truly mourned food.  But guess what!  You will enjoy food again - just in a new way!  Good luck on your surgery.

MSROMAGNOLA
C J
on 5/28/11 11:51 pm - Franklin, MA
Ahh yes, the "last supper" - I remember mine, and about half way thru I was like... WHAT am I doing???   I started bawling my eyes out... terrified that I would never "eat" again!!!!
My fiance tried his best to console me... I remember him saying something like "don't be silly of course you'll eat again - just more appropriately with control"

Later that night he printed me this little index card that read... Eat to Live, Not Live to Eat - I carry it in my purse to this day.

Do the best you can on your "liver shrinking diet" it's not fun but the better you follow it, the easier it'll be for your surgeon to perform the surgery with-out a hitch!  It's a very small sacrifice - not to mention you'll have your head in the game for your first post-op weeks!!!

Best of everything to you on the 13th!!!
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/29/11 12:24 am
I message back and forth to another oh-er because we are seeing the same doctor and will finally meet next tuesday at the mandatory info session before surgery.
we too were discussing "our last meal". I told her with me it was'nt so much food that got the best of me,those dag nabit steroid meds. Anyhoo, I believe I have made my last meal list. lol

I want a can pepsi,snicker or starburst,crabcakes and shrimp with salad.mmmm mmmmmm good.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Amy P.
on 5/29/11 12:24 am - Liberty Lake, WA

Congratulations to you!!  I remember my last supper....stopped by friends to visit and they were eating so invited us to join them....sloppy joes on white bread. Not exactly my idea of a "last supper" but I realize now it is more about the friends than the food!! 

I know what you mean about being scared about never being able to "eat" again. When I was in the hospital I thought "what did I just do? I'll never be able to enjoy Thanksgiving again."  How crazy is that??  I'm nearing the three month mark and eat normally...with exceptions.  But last night we went out to PF Chang's for my hubby's birthday...I had a few of the green beans and then about 5 of my kung pao shrimp and I was full.  I told my hubby that it is hard to believe that just a few months ago I would have eaten half or more of the appetizer and then all of my dinner....now I have left overs for at least another two days!!!  I felt like a normal person eating at the restaurant....no one knew of my surgery and I didn't feel like I wasn't able to eat and socialize.  Only thing different is that I'm not packing that extra 40 pounds!!

You will do amazing and you will be so happy with your decision. The first couple of days on the two week pre-op plan are hard, but by the end you won't even be hungry anymore.  Blessing for a very boring and uneventful surgery and rehab!
                                HT 5'3"~HW 218~SW 208~GW 125

therealleigh
on 5/29/11 12:27 am - Matthews, NC
I understand how you feel. Tomorrow is my last day to eat solids before surgery on June 14. Normally we do not eat out much but have eaten out three times this weekend. I believe it's because I start the liquid diet. I am not hungry like I was. I made good choices and didn't go crazy about it. My last meal will be a hamburger at our cookout tomorrow. I did go shopping and buy everything to have here for the liquid diet. Just know I will be doing the same. Pm me if ya want someone to talk with about it.
pima-crow
on 5/29/11 4:38 am - Sacaton, AZ
Hi! I stated my two-week liquid diet on the 26th and am on day four today, it was not as bad as I made it out to be. I have been getting in 75 g of the 80-100 g of protein a day, drinking water and crystal lite like crazy as well as having jell-o and Popsicles. I am excited for the 9th to get here. I have a friend that is having surgery the same day and we have been supporting each other and that helps a lot, when we are craving something or having a hard time we text each other and she has been great support. I would probably be struggling. Good luck with your diet once you get over the first two days it will get easier.

Now as for my last meal, I think I had several...lol. My daughter turned six on May 18th and we had tacos, rice, beans, cake and ice cream. A week later she graduated from kindergarten and her brother was promoted from the eight grade the following day. My last meal was on May 25th and that consisted of Indian Tacos (Indian fry bread, with hamburger, beans, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese), cake and ice cream. I think what I am going to miss the most it our traditional foods, fry bread, homemade tortillas, red chili stew and green chili stew but I know that as some point I may be able to have some later as I progress but will have to maintain control and portion size.

Once again good luck with the pre-op diet and good luck with surgery, you will do fine in both.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views