My first Problem n a Doosey

snugglebear71
on 5/29/11 5:07 am - Anderson, IN
 Hello everyone,

Welp this has been a hard journey for me. Had my surgery April 12th. Everything was going good till May 7th. After that it went down hill.

Went back to work the 7th. Im a truck driver. Normal i just run 3 states and home every weekend but i had to run to SaltLake city UT to turn my old trk in and get a different one.  Very long drive. Started off in Columbus Ohio went to Wis. to pu up my load n then head to UT. About 1800 miles totall there.

Anyways come the 7th i stared throwing up. I try to eat and it would not go no further then my chest. I could feel it sitting there. I would drink something to try n get it down but then the water would just sit on top n come up into my throat. I would end up throwing up or have to make self throw up. Then i would just throw uo all of a suden.

Driving a semi with one hadn n holding a bucket in the other throwing up is not fun.

I thought maybe i was eating to fast or not chewing good enough or i was backed up bowel wise.

for 2 weeks all i ate was about 3 oz of yogurt n maybe a ounce of chicken. I was able to keep water down. 

When i got back to Indiana i finally called my surgen and they said they would try to get me in for emergency scope. 

That didnt happen and that was on a thrusday they got me a appt on Tues. I ended up going to the ER for dehydration.

CT,xray, and blood work came back fine. The only prob was low patassium. But i was so week n would get exserted very easily.

Went Tues for scope. Come find out scare tissue grew over my pouches hole were it meets the  esophageas. The hole was the size of top of a needle pin. 1 mm . She widen it to 11mm.

My dr even gave me pics of it. But now im eating fine thus far. Just got to try and get on track again with protien and vitimines.

But thats my little trouble story. Lets hope its the only one i have.

PS: i had lost 15 pounds in 8 days not eating for those 2 weeks . Im done to 302 now . Lost 46 pounds since my surgery. 

Take care all

ohioh
on 5/29/11 5:13 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
I'm so sorry you had that happen! Yikes!  It sounds like what people have described as a stricture? I've never had one although they thought maybe I did at one point but I ended up allergic to an antibiotice that put me on.  I hope you don't have anymore troubles like that and things go well for you! Good luck!
Becky D.
on 5/29/11 5:24 am - CA
 I also had a structure & went through the same thing for 2 weeks.
I was thinking that food just wasn't being tolerated by my pouch. 
It was fixed on Friday and I can eat again. 
It's such a relief. 
Thanks for sharing your story. 
jkjstars123
on 5/29/11 8:28 am - Tama, IA

You had a stricture and they seem to be common. Some people have only one and some have several more.
I happened to have 5 of them pretty much every two weeks or so. Was on a full liquid diet for close to 4 months.
If you do have more problems on the road go back to a full liquid diet. Any time you throw up it irritates your pouch regardless of the reasoning (stricture, or eating too fast etc). That causes some swelling so you need to take it easy for a day or so. Once you cannot do water you need to get to the Dr or hospital right away.

Take Care

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 408 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views