Confused about Carbs

maggiet
on 5/30/11 12:15 pm - Durham, NC
OK, so I'm confused. Should we try to stay below 30 carbs per meal or below 30 carbs for the whole day?
Maggie

cgnnala
on 5/30/11 1:12 pm
My NUT told me not to worry so much about carbs at the stage you are at now. He said concentrate on getting the protein in then look at carbs and fat. At this point I am getting about 30-40 carbs a day in with 90-100 grams of protein. (For me personally 30 carbs a meal would balloon me). Hope this helps.

Referral date: December 9, 2010                   First appointment: January 17, 2011
Approved for surgery: February 23, 2011     Surgery date: March 14, 2011

Onederland: May 9, 2011  
                             Diabetes-GONE, HBP-GONE (no meds since 3/13)
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/30/11 1:15 pm - OH
How about something in the middle?  30g per day is not nearly enough and 30g per meal is probably too much.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

JudiJudi T
on 5/30/11 1:19 pm
are you on the pre-op diet?  then it would be 30 carbs for the day 

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

Lorrainecma
on 5/30/11 1:42 pm
I've never been given an amount. Simply to take in protein first, and any carbs that I do have are to be complex.

One of the things with carbs is that I always feel hungry again very soon after having them. I geuss they are a trigger food for me.
Whacka Doodle
on 5/30/11 1:48 pm
 Call the surgeon's office in the morning and ask.  

When I was so close to surgery, I was on clear liquids.  Not fun, but I pulled through!  Find out what YOUR doctor wants you to do.  And do it.

Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

Wishmeluck123
on 5/30/11 9:23 pm
I would think it is each meal. However, I try to avoid carbs, such as starches, breads etc... I eat my proteins first, then my veggies and if I have room I will eat a carb. But usually not. However, I found some really healthy choices for bread. I bought the WW whole wheat english muffins and freihoffers whole wheat lite bread and whole wheat torillas for fill the carb craving I may get. If I want it I eat it....but in very small portions. I eat a 1/4 of the muffins or 1 slice of bread....with a protein. I really dont have a craving for it that much post op.....
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics