pain /sour stomach, not sure whats going on

twooten
on 6/1/11 5:55 am - Loveland, CO
 so over the last few weeks after i eat i get this dull pain on the left side of my ribs towards the center (around where you would think the stomach is) that will hurt for a couple mins to 30 mins and it goes all the way through to my back where the bottom of my shoulder blade is. but not only is it this dull pain but there is also a upset/sour stomach feeling and once it has gone on for a few mins it feels like my food is sitting at the base of my throat and i might need to throw up. 

I have already been dialited on the bottom pouch opening in feb. and the problems i have now are nothing like i went through then.

I am not sure what to think this could be. Work will not approve any time off for the next 2 weeks. so i need to make sure its like a medical emergancy before i set up an appointment to been seen b/c other wise i will have to call in and get fired. 

Any info you can give me would be good. 

FYI: RNY 12/15/10 current weight loss 84lbs
Tami HW: 288 / SW: 273 / SG: 187 GOAL REACHED / PG: 160
cajungirl
on 6/1/11 6:22 am
Do you still have your gallbladder?  Maybe an ulcer.  I've had some similar symptoms and suspect acid reflux, got a prescription today for Protronix and Carafate and will see my PCP again in 2 weeks to determine if a EDG is necessary.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

twooten
on 6/1/11 6:43 am - Loveland, CO
 Yes I still have my gallbladder... and i am already on Protronix b/c i would get really bad heartburn from anything and get very bad foam and throw up. (protronix fixed this)

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/11 9:44 am
Get your gallbladder checked. Yes I know it is on the right side BUT a dying gallbladder can cause pain all over the abdomen. How do I know? because I got mine taken out last year due to is being fully diseased. THe pain and other stuff was excrutiating. They did all kinds of tests and couldnt find out if that is what it was but I kept insisting i knew something was wrong(it felt like someone was burned my insides with hot bacon presses) and they finally got me scheduled for a HIDDA scan which found the problem. So go get your gall bladder checked, do NOT let them get you to the point where you think it is in your head because YOU know YOU better than anyone else.
twooten
on 6/1/11 10:47 pm - Loveland, CO
 Thanks Bonnie, I have an appointment set up this saturday for an ultrasound. they think its either an ulcer or my gallbladder... i'll keep you all updated on what happens
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 507 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 218 views