Struggling...

AnnNo
on 6/1/11 2:48 am - PA
Hi everyone, I had surgery on 5/16 and have been struggling recently. I am on soft foods right now but can barely eat an ounce at a time. Everytime I have a sip or a bite of ANYTHING, I immediately feel like I have to burp and my stomach feels so bloated- after one bite, or sip of water. I am not getting in enough fluids and protein and I just dont know what to do. I felt like it was so much easier to drink when I was right out of the hospital. Also, I am REALLY struggling with protein now. I hate milk and milky things so most protein shakes are out for me, and I have Synthrax Nectar and Isopure drinks but feel like they are so sweet I have to force myself to drink them. I am so upset because I feel like I am messing up and I dont know what to do... Did anyone else have this problem? Thanks...

Surgery Weight: 287 * Surgeon Goal: 170 * Personal Goal: 155 * 5'7, 25yrs old

Surgery Date: Mon, May 16th 2011
Current Weight 6/12: 259

adamsamah
on 6/1/11 2:58 am - Nixa, MO
Ann,
Talk to your surgeon. You have to have protein and water - especially water. I don't like milky drinks either so I use Click and a scoop of unflavored to get in my first protein of the day. It sounds to me as if you might have a stricture but I'm no MD so talk to the doctor before you get dehydrated.
Hugs,
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

AnnNo
on 6/1/11 3:05 am - PA
Thank you. I can tolerate warm liquids A LOT better than cold so have been trying hot decaf tea but still after each sip I have to wait to burp or for my bloated feeling to go away. I am not throwing up or anything and have been able to tolerate every type of food I have tried-  but only a bites. Its so odd. I am so worried about becoming dehydrated and not getting in my protein... just thought other people might be having the same problem and its normal!! I will be calling my surgeon as soon as I get out of work.Thanks again.

Surgery Weight: 287 * Surgeon Goal: 170 * Personal Goal: 155 * 5'7, 25yrs old

Surgery Date: Mon, May 16th 2011
Current Weight 6/12: 259

Pholaris
on 6/1/11 5:30 am
I had similar symptoms and it was a stricture. I would call your surgeon and ask for advise.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Lisa R.
on 6/12/11 10:41 am - CA
 Go see your doctor!  Please!  I think these other ladies know what they are talking about.  I have a hard time with protein too, but I can get it in.  

Let us know how it goes.  Will be thinking about you!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 279 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?