2wks out and eating 1200 cal?

hellyham
on 6/2/11 12:23 am - ME
Not sure this is right but,the day before yesterday i ate 1200 calories, im at 2 wks out . Yesterdasy i ate 640 cal.  how do i find the middle ground and stay there. Could this be why the scale hasnt moved in over 8 days? I'm so afraid of failing, I feel like i cant lose weight no matter what i do.  Not a very good day mentally for me.

Carrie W.
on 6/2/11 12:29 am - KY
What are you eating?
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

cajungirl
on 6/2/11 12:34 am
Give us an idea of what you are eating.  1200 calories at 2 weeks out seems excessive.  Did your surgeon give you a program to follow?  How much per meal and/or snack?  Are you measuring?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Sara B.
on 6/2/11 12:35 am - Edenton, NC
1200 calories seems like alot to me. I guess it all depends on the plan your surgeon put you on. I am 4 weeks out and still only around 400 - 600 calories per day which is what was recomended to me. I can only have 1/4 of a cup 3 - 4 times a day. I normally only do 3 times per day unless I wake up early and stay up late. What are you eating? Here is what I can have as of right now: 

Egg Beaters
Low Fat Plain Yogurt
Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Low Fatt Cheese
Lean Cuts of Chicken and Turkey
Nuts (cashews, pecans, almonds etc...)
Fish
Shrimp
Scallops
Beans (soft, pintos, black beans, lima beans, etc...)
Lentils
Low Fat or Fat free mayo
Ketchup or BBQ sauce diluted with water (50/50 mixture)

and that's it! 
tinkerbaby
on 6/2/11 12:50 am - NY
We had our surgery the same day... before surgery I lost 41 lbs... and now seem in a stall... and it goes up and down. I have decided to quit looking at the scales! They are the enemy right now. As for the calories.... that does seem high. I am unable to eat a lot. The most I eat of anything with substance besides the yogurt, soup, puddings, and jellos is I scramble one egg with about 2 ounces of cooked ground turkey and split that in 2. Thats plenty of food for me for 2 meals. Sometimes I add a dab of ketchup, once I added cheese... but my belly didnt care for that. But I just follow the "protein first" rule. And I never seem to have room for anything else. And I make sure the protein I take in is low fat low cal. I wish u the best of luck. And maybe since we have the same surgery date we can keep in touch. Take Care...

hellyham
on 6/2/11 12:50 am - ME
Well im ashamed to say the 1200 cal day i was just aweful with eating. I can pretty much eat anything, and i have, i have to be honest with myself and i sliped right back in to old habits. I cook for my family of 5 and i am a food addict so i just ate what they were eating but just less. i had a 1/4 cp of mac n cheese, which was the worst thing i ate

breakfast- carnation instant breakfast / 1/2 cp skim milk/ 1/4 banana...blended
snack-2 tbsp peanut butter
Lunch-  2oz chix breast- 1oz jack cheese/ 2 tbsp mashed taters
snack- greek yogurt with 1 tbsp sf jam--4oz all together
Dinnner- 1/2 cp kraft mac n cheese with ground beef
snack- cheese stick

i usually only have 1 snack but i felt hungry this day.
I do not eat like this everyday. normally i am at 400-600 cal but im feeling like i shouldnt be able to eat this much.

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 1:09 am - Boston, MA
 skip all that pasta and make sure your cheese is low fat.. I am 11 weeks out and I eat 700-800 calories a day at 2 weeks out I was lucky if I got in 300-400 calories.. I think you need to make better choices if you want to be successful.. I know it's not easy but if you want it badly enough you can do it!!! 
Wishmeluck123
on 6/2/11 1:36 am
I am a good addict too...............It is sooooo hard when we have to cook for others. Try making different choices for your family that are healthy. Put out a salad instead of mac n cheese. Steamed veggies.......If your kids are little and dont like it. Here are some solutions.....Try growing some in your yard of their choice, kids love to eat what they make/grow. Let them come to the market with you and pick out somethings in the produce department that appeals to them. Kids love color......so use all different color peppers to add to your salad. This way you dont have to cook the trigger foods that set you off.

If all else fails explain to your family, that you are making lifestyle changes to help yourself and to help them for their future. Bring healthy snacks into the house for all...........I wont have trigger foods here. I have snacks that I dont like here....most of the time. Sometimes I have to use all my will power to say NO......I am choosing not to eat that. You will find if you CHOOSE not to do something it is quite empowering!

However,I would say skip the mac n cheese and mashed taters. Those are only to be eaten once you have consumed your proteins and veggies. You can also make black beans instead of taters.....there is a great recipe on the can and make brown rice instead of mac n cheese.....

Breakfast sounds ok if it is sugar free, try adding some greek yogurt to boost up the protein intake. As for the peanut butter, I may substitute that with a ham/cheese roll up 2 oz.....Lunch sounds good minus the taters add some steamed broccoli in place and ma**** up good. The greek yogurt is good and the jam is ok if it is sugar free. Dinner doesnt sound so great. I would try some fish or another peice of chicken w/ veggies or fruit. Snack is ok...also try some sf ice pops. They are 15 calories and count towards your liquids.
Melissa~ 

Acceptance means that you can find the serenity within to let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets, move into the future with a new perspective, and appreciate the opportunity to take a second chance!

Paul C.
on 6/2/11 1:39 am - Cumming, GA
dump the peanut butter, taters and pasta. 

As far as being hungry at 2 weeks you are dealing with head hunger. One of the effects of the surgery is that in severing the nerves your sense of physical hunger goes away for a period of time.  Over all your choices aren't to bad but the carb stuff is going to affect things.  Get the carbs out now and your cravings for them will eventually reduce or go away.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/2/11 2:12 am - Baltimore, MD
A few thoughts:

1. They aren't "old" habits. You're too new for the habits to be old. You need to form new habits and ditch your current ones. Yes, it's a matter of semantics but it is important.

2. Your plan. Here's how I can see it changing for the better

B - skip the Carnation and go for a protein shake with skim milk, whey protein and 1 tbsp sugar-free banana pudding mix instead of actual banana. Less carbs, more protein.

S - The PB...unless you can find something with decent protein to put it ON, I'd ditch it. Also, I'd use 1 tbsp at a time. By itself it doesn't give you enough protein to justify it having its own meal slot.

L - Actually sounds pretty good. Your meals should all sort of look like that.

S - That's an excellent snack.

D - skip the mac 'n cheese. Or at least the mac. You can make a ground beef and cheese casserole with veggies. Less carbs and you can probably have a decent amount without too many calories.

S - Also an excellent snack

Are you eating because you are actually hungry or on some sort of schedule that you've set. I just know that at 2 weeks out you were hard pressed to get me to willingly eat 3 times a day. Everyone's experiences are different, though, so don't put too much meaning in that.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 228 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?