Constipation!!

Tessmama_of4
on 6/3/11 11:51 pm
I am taking Miralax,coloce and flax seed. Today is day 4 and I still have not went. I am not in any pain but I was thinking that this is to long to go. I hope it is working I don't want to have another HARD day:( Has anyone else had this happen or take this long for the medicine to kick in??? Why is this happening, they said with the rerouting but why won't things soften up.. I am getting fluids and doing everything I am suppose to do!
Grace M.
on 6/4/11 12:41 am - Fort Hood, TX
yes this happens to me. i take  Milk of Magnisa and it helps alot.
HW 375/ SW 311/ CW 242/ GW 150

nancy409
on 6/4/11 1:43 am - PA
Are you drinking enough?  I was so constipated and was taking Miralax and nothing helped.  Dr said increase water - I did and have not had constipation at all since then.

Tessmama_of4
on 6/4/11 2:01 am
I am drinking as much as possible I don't feel like I need to go But I know its day 4 and something is in there. Why is all of this not making me go:( It is starting to scare me....
Jacobsmama08
on 6/4/11 2:22 am - Morgan Hill, CA
I don't have magic words of wisdom, but would like to share I'm on day 3 of 'not going'... I sat on the john a couple times last night cuz I felt like I had to go but, nothing, a little gas and that was it, it's very disappointing. I am taking fiber supplements 2 times a day, and even a little Fiber-y cereal in the morning and nothing! AH!!!!

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

siberiancat
on 6/4/11 2:23 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Some people don't have a bowel movement for 7-10 days after surgery.

After many months of dealing with this - here is my routine. (You would not be able to follow my plan until you can have whole fruits & veggies).

400 mg Magnesium Oxide with each dose of Calcium Citrate 2 stool softners after waking Benefiber in breakfast protein latte (hot) 2 stool softners at bedtime Fresh fruit/veggies daily Apple with peeling daily 100+ oz fluid daily Whole grains (I like Fiber One on top yogurt)
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Ladytazz
on 6/4/11 3:39 am
 I agree with the magnesium oxide.  I take 500 mg 2 times a day.  I have rarely had a problem since.  I also take Miralax and probiotics, as well as fiber.  I just bought some chia seeds to try those out since I heard they are full of fiber and help things out.  I'll report back after I try it.  I am afraid of making  things a little too firm so I am going to start with 1 tablespoon.
Funny story.  The other day my little chihuahua stopped eating and was hardly drinking water.  I got scared because he is 11 and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure over a year a go and the vet put him on medicine and said he may live about a year so I was worried his heart was failing.
I took him to the vet yesterday full of fear that he was going to tell me it was time.
Well the vet examined him and told me he was constipated.  My poor little doggy needed an enema.  The little guy hurt his back and was unable to squat to go.  After I got through being relieved I couldn't stop laughing.  He got his enema and is doing much better.  I told him I understand exactly how he feels.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Tessmama_of4
on 6/4/11 4:25 am
Where do you get Magnesium Oxide and do you think my doctor will allow it.. I am taking what I think is alot now..I hope it is doing its job. I do not feel like I have to go but I took some MOM a bit ago so it should give me the urge. I hope it is pleasant..
Ladytazz
on 6/4/11 4:46 am
 If you wait until you feel like you have to go it may be too late.  I use milk of magnesia after 2 or 3 days without going.  Of course it depends on what you are eating.  If you are on liquids or very small amounts of food you may just not have anything to go with.
I get my magnesium oxide at Puritan Pride.  They have good deals there.  I think I bought 2 and got 3 free.  I am set with magnesium oxide for quite a long time.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Tessmama_of4
on 6/4/11 9:33 am
I am doing 3 protein drinks and 3 2oz meals!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views