4 Weeks Post-Op!!

mom2kings
on 6/2/11 11:44 pm
I am 4 weeks post-op and feeling great!  I have lost 20 lbs & 19 inches!!!  Thanks to everyone on this forum for all of the support.  Reading the posts have really helped me & encouraged me!!

For those who are pre-op or are recent post-op, the first 1.5 weeks were the worst for me, but not half as bad as I had anticipated it would be.  Sometimes the fear of the unknown can be worse than the actual event itself.  At least that was my experience. 

I am so glad I had my RNY and can't wait to see where the rest of this journey takes me!!
Mom2Kings

aclay
on 6/3/11 12:11 am - MA

I am 4 weeks also......CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!   I haven't lost as much as you though:(   but getting there.  W/ walking 2 miles everyday.  What are you eating for foods.  I'm running out of ideas.

mom2kings
on 6/3/11 12:49 am
My surgeon moved me to the soft foods stage last Friday.  Most mornings I start off my protein shake (3 frozen strawberries, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 2 tsp. SF cheesecake pudding, & 8 oz. water).  I also eat tuna, chicken salad, baked fish,  low-fat cheese sticks, mashed potaoes with low-fat gravy.  This week I also made a pork tenderloin and made a low-carb & sugar-free BBQ sauce and it tastes fabulous and my pouch was able to handle it!!  I still eat a lot of sugar-free popscicles, & sugar-free pudding.  I also scrambled an egg this morning & so far my pouch has approved of it...Yay!

Here are a couple of websites that have awesome recipes:
http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

Good luck with your journey!!
Mom2Kings

Wishmeluck123
on 6/3/11 12:24 am
Congrats!
Melissa~ 

Acceptance means that you can find the serenity within to let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets, move into the future with a new perspective, and appreciate the opportunity to take a second chance!

shellb58
on 6/3/11 12:51 am - WA
I am also 4 week out, I have lost 22lbs myself and feel great. What are you eating. It seems to me that I keep eating the same stuff. I am scared to try new things. My Dr. still wants me to wait until 9 weeks out before eating normal foods.
shelley veturis            
blondieann
on 6/5/11 4:08 am
I will be 4 weeks out on Monday and I was moved to soft foods but can't seem to eat anything but cheese. It is even hard to get in fluids and protein. I was walking everyday until this past week but my left side is so sore and I am so tired out. What am I doing wrong? I am down almost 30lbs. Just wish I felt as good as you guys do. Glad everything is working out.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics