Straws!!!

SkiNNieMiNNie
on 6/5/11 6:38 am - Trinity, AL
Help!! I am having a horrible time drinnking my protein shakes. Prior to surgery I did well but I think it is bc I was drinking em through a straw. I dont mind taste of the shake but the texture makes me wanna vomit...and so I am struggling. Tips anyone;)

poet_kelly
on 6/5/11 6:50 am - OH
What's your reason for not using a straw now?  If straws give you gas and it hurts, then do avoid them.  Otherwise, despite what some people seem to think, straws will not hurt you.  Won't stretch your pouch or anything like that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SkiNNieMiNNie
on 6/5/11 8:32 am - Trinity, AL
My doc says no to straws for a year due to air:/
SkiNNieMiNNie
on 6/5/11 8:35 am - Trinity, AL
It is a big No from my Doc..atleast for a year...something to do with air, not exactly sure.  So I have been nervous about using one.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/5/11 6:54 am - OH
What Kelly said. I had to use a straw to get even CLOSE to all of my liquids in.  It did not bother me at all.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

aclay
on 6/5/11 6:57 am - MA
I had problems too ( I've never used a straw before...that's a huge no no from my dr. so she scared me>lol)  I couldn't even think of the protien shakes w/o getting sick.  I switche to isopure juice ones which where so much better and better on my stomach it was like drinking fruit punch or grape powerade.

poet_kelly
on 6/5/11 7:02 am - OH
What did she say would happen if you used a straw?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SkiNNieMiNNie
on 6/5/11 8:37 am - Trinity, AL
Something to do with the swallowing air, its on my long list of no!
SkiNNieMiNNie
on 6/5/11 8:34 am - Trinity, AL
where did u get the isopure ones..if u don't mind me asking?
aclay
on 6/5/11 10:36 am - MA
from gnc...they are in the refridgerator already made w/40 gram protien 120 calories. or you can buy the powder and make them yourself.

Oh...above comment about straws...The dr was just very adament to tell me never to use one...so where the girls in the support groups so I just never have yet.  The only time i would have used them is for ice coffee but since I haven't had any since surgery because caramel swirl is not sugar free! LOL

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics