egg drop soup...and other questions

lee12197
on 6/4/11 6:54 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with

The hubby went out to lunch today and brought me back egg drop soup. If i eat it for dinner do i still need to wait 30-45 mins to drink like i would if i ate a regular meal? Im 3 months out so i normally eat dense protein for meals but yesterday and today i havent gotten enough liquids in so since its a liquid and protein i figured i would eat that...On a side note im in a wedding in july and the dress i picked i got in a size a lil bit snug, thinking by the time the wedding came it would be fitting pretty good...since i picked the dress out i have gone down three clothing sizes but the damm thing is just as snug as when i picked it out!! Does that make sense to anyone?

Ladytazz
on 6/4/11 7:20 am
 I always count soup as liquids instead of solids.  I remember when I was new having egg drop soup and still being able to continue drinking.  Depends on what your doctor says.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/4/11 7:40 am - OH
My surgeon says soup (without protein or veggie solids, of course) is a liquid and no need to wait to drink after since the soup is already gone from your pouch anyway.  I cannot imagine WHY some surgeons tell people to treat broth only soup as a solid food... it just doesn't make any sense!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/4/11 7:43 am - OH
Oops... as far as the dress, did you actually try the dress on in the size you ordered?  If it was an actual "bridal" dress and you did nto try it on, those sizes are often completely wacky and don;t correspond to "real" sizes (which are wacky enough). 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Tanya W.
on 6/4/11 7:43 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Sorry about the dress. Unfortunately, we can't seem to control where we lose weight. I am down over 80lbs, but I still have my big hips. The dress may still feel snug in some areas because of how you are losing weight. Who knows, maybe it has a strange cut. Hope you can find something to wear that compliments your new figure!

lee12197
on 6/5/11 2:25 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
Yeah i actually got lucky when i went in and they had a dress in a size 20 that fit but was a lil snug...(FIRST TIME EVER that i could go in a dress store like that and actually try a dress on!)  I bought the exact dress i tried on...i mean it fits but i feel like if i move the wrong way im ripping the dress!! I just dont understand b.c in my other clothes i have gone down three sizes since then and it seems like there is NO  change in how this dress fits! Im kinda starting to panic a lil bit!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 483 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 185 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 327 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?