Dumping???

Jodi H.
on 6/5/11 12:36 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
I had RNY on 5/31 & so far have been doing GREAT!  Tonight I had my "dinner" - a.k.a. chicken broth - and then about 45 mins later I decided to have some sugar-free lemon-lime jello.  About 20-25 mins later I had to make a run for the restroom.  I have no idea why this would have happened except for the fact that I must have eaten them too close together.....???  Has anyone else experienced this??? 

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
poet_kelly
on 6/5/11 12:38 pm - OH
You're not dumping on sugar free jello.  Some people dump on too much sugar, but not sugar free jello.  I don't see why eating broth and jello close together would cause you to need to run for the bathroom.  I would guess it was just coincidence.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BugdocMom
on 6/5/11 12:43 pm - CA
If you ran to the restroom to vomit, you may have eaten your jello too qickly or in chunks too bigto tolerate. If you ran to the restroom to sit, check the ingredients for sugar alcohols. They tend to have a more laxative effect on up post-surgery. Doesn't sound like dumping. Dumping most often happens more quickly and includes other symptoms such as severe stomach cramping, hot flashes, cold sweats, rapid heartbeat and dizziness.  I'd try to eat them further apart next time. Good luck!
Perfumesheep
on 6/5/11 1:14 pm - CT
RNY on 11/01/10 with
That would happen the first 2 weeks if I just looked at something tue wrong way. I had diarrhea for 2 solid weeks and anything I drank made it worse, especially anything that was hot or cold
Sasrah1972
on 6/5/11 2:06 pm - NY
When I was only on liquids, everything went through me. I think that's just logical that when you're not eating bulk, no bulk comes out. Hope you are feeling well now, and good luck!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 225 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics