I don't usually do these kind of posts but...I Look Sloppy!!!

ANNI D.
on 6/6/11 1:27 pm
I had to go to my mothers work the other day to pick something up and to go tanning afterwards. I put on my regular clothes. You have to take into account that it was 97 degrees that day too. So, I threw on a nice v-neck t-shirt, pair of gray knit shorts, and my good 'ol flip-flops. I didn't even bother looking at myself, as it is a habit to stay away from mirrors!!

I got to my mom's work and I talked to her for a few minutes and when I was about to leave she said, "I don't mean to be ugly, but you look sloppy. Your clothes themselves aren't sloppy, but YOU look sloppy!"  WTF!!!! Then she asked if I noticed how big my clothes looked on me. She said it looked like the clothes were swallowing me!! I went into her bathroom (there's a full length mirror) and she was right!!

I knew my shorts were a little big because I had to start rolling down the waistband to get them to fit and I was still having to pull them up all the time. My t-shirt was so big that the v-neck was more like a one shoulder top. It was hanging all off the side of my shoulder showing my bra straps!!

Needless to say, the next weekend we went to Wal-Mart to do a little cheap shopping and to get food and the pants I was wearing were literally falling down and taking my underwear with them! My hands were full and I had to get my 6 yr old to hold them up while I handed everything to my mother so I could "hike" them back up. So, I finally broke and went and bought a few cheap-o shorts and shirts. But, it never felt SOOO good to be told I look sloppy!!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

Katari
on 6/6/11 1:39 pm - OR
Congrats! Glad you had a nice shopping trip! I still don't own a pair of shorts. That's on MY list of things to get this weekend!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

YankeeRose
on 6/6/11 1:54 pm - Meadville, PA
You go girl! That's the best type of comment considering...

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Jacobsmama08
on 6/6/11 2:20 pm - Morgan Hill, CA
AWESOME!! Congrats... people tell me I'm looking good, my clothes are looking big, whatever, but I'm not sure if they're just saying that cuz they 'know' of if it's true. My clothes seem big too me, but they're not that big... and I don't think I look any different... but  I could just be being pessimistic. Whi knows. Congrats to you. Would love to be swallowed up by my clothes!!

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

lynnc99
on 6/6/11 9:19 pm
A funny kind of "wow" moment!

But you WILL feel better in clothes that show off your weight loss! I kept a pair of jeans that fit (yes, from WalMart) as I went down in sizes and loved measuring my progress that way!
Emily P.
on 6/6/11 10:43 pm - Southgate, MI
goodwill baby!  Ours does half price clothing on Holidays.  I got a ton of stuff on Memorial Day... even a bikini top... LOL
I prolly wont ever wear it, but it FIT... hahahahaha!
It's not all glitter and rainbows.  

curvaceousdiva
on 6/6/11 11:08 pm - Hyattsville, MD
my boss told me that a while ago... which was the first indication of me needing to hit the store..
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
babybooo828
on 6/7/11 12:53 am
 You will find that you will get told this very often. Once it starts with your clothes being too big, it seems to just keep going on. I am 9 months out and still losing (slowly, but loosing) and I don't always get told that I look slopy, but I am constantly being told that my clothes are too big. And I am always hiking up my pants and trying to keep my shirts from hanging off my sholder.

I have only bought undies once since surgery and that was at about 3 to 4 months out. It is time that I need to buy more cause they are too big. I have bought bras once and that was probably 2 months ago at the most. I am already hooking them on the last hook to make them as tight as possible and they are very loose. And the girls just don't sit well in them... they kind of just flop down and don't fill the b cups.

I got capris a few weeks ago once it got warm. Some were pretty snug at the time, and now I am finding that I am always trying to keep them up. I have a pair of jegging capris and they sag so much in my bottom. They look horrible on me.

I'm currently not working, so it is so hard to get new clothes at the moments. I use a group on yahoo, called freecycle. I give away my old stuff on their and then try to get some "new" stuff. Yesterday I got two really cute swim suits and a cover up. 

Its weird to be told my clothes are too big and stuff. It is also a little problematic to always need new clothes, but it seems like a good problem to have! 

So happy for you!

Carrie W.
on 6/7/11 1:18 am - KY
Lol, I'm not sure whether to say congrats or I'm sorry. I think I'll got with congrats!!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Momma2nicknmike
on 6/7/11 5:39 am - Beavercreek, OH
 Congras on the NSV!!  Even though it started out kind of bad, it turned into a good thing!!  Glad you got some new clothes out of it!!

Lynne    

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views