Week 2 of Liquid Diet

lovinme4ever
on 6/7/11 9:06 am
I no longer feel like cheating on my pre-op liquid diet. These last three days have been a cake walk. I guess my tummy is getting used to starvation mode - lol. I am only "eating" about 1000 calories and 80 g of protein. I have lost 8 pounds in 8 days. Hopefully my liver is shrinking. I am so proud if myself that I have not cheated especially for those first 5 days.

Thank you for the support you have given me.
Lovinme4ever    
JOoms
on 6/7/11 9:29 am
Congratulations on doing so well!  It will really help in the end.  Just being as safe as you can during surgery is worth the effort. 
MzSunshines
on 6/7/11 9:46 am
Congratts kiddo!!! Keep up the awesome work, it will pay off in the end!!!

tgsurratt
on 6/7/11 9:57 am - TN
 I have not had surgery yet but I have seen the 2 week diet.  They told us in our meeting to tell the family to stay clear those two weeks because it is tough.  I have been trying to drink a protein shake in the morning and a soup for dinner so I can start shrinking my stomach for the pre-op diet.
lovinme4ever
on 6/7/11 10:14 am
One thing that really helped is that my husband took over making meals for the kids when he is not working. I did get grumpy with my family and really really thought I was going to cheat but the bigger picture is so much more worth it than having to extend this diet any more than the two weeks.

Good luck to you.
Lovinme4ever    
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics