Poll: "Weird" things since surgery

gochristy1971
on 6/8/11 6:53 am - CA
I used to be able to drink water at room temperature...bottled water that is.  Now, water must be on ice for me to enjoy it!  I'm freezing all the dang time though!!!

What "weird" things have you noticed since surgery?
Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
nfarris79
on 6/8/11 9:24 am - Germantown, MD
 My pouch likes extremes - either really cold or really hot. Also constipated for the first time in my life (yes, I know that isn't weird in the majority of people BUT being lactose intolerant my whole life and having some butt issues in the past 2 years, I normally went the Hershey squirts way....Sorry for the TMI)

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

credregal
on 6/8/11 9:25 am - Galveston, TX
im always cold too. its from losing all that "padding" i guess.i have to drink only cold water too whereas before i could drink straight from the tap. my butt hurts all the time (No cushion)...haha...would i do the surgery again? HELL YEAH!!

nancy409
on 6/8/11 9:36 am - PA
I noticed a weird but good thing.  My elbows have been rough and "alligator like" for years.  The dr. even said they were so bad nothing could help them.  The other day I realized they are SOFT again!  Don't know if it is the vitamins, protein, surgery, or what caused them to get soft again but enjoying it.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/8/11 10:01 am - OH
I had the same thing with MY elbows! 

It wasn't terrible before surgery, but definitely noticeable despite all kinds of lotion, exfoliating, etc..  About a year after surgery, though, I suddenly noticed that they were soft and smooth even without lotion!  I don't know why... the rest of my skin has not changed since surgery... but I would bet that the extra vitamins are somehow involved.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

curvaceousdiva
on 6/8/11 10:39 am - Hyattsville, MD
my feet was really rough like alligator like.. now my feet are soft
i can tell the difference between waters.. it MUST be smar****er I can tell the difference between spring, distilled, purified, tap water
Im always cold now as well
I used to hate spicy food...now I eat a jalapeno straight LOL
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 534 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics