Food

sho
on 6/13/11 1:53 am
Dont you just get so sick of dealing with food?  Counting, measureing, deciding what to eat, how to make it, when to eat it........ Dont get me wrong here, I dont ever plan to stop all that, just need to vent a little.  I know this is my life, I chose this and I plan to continue this way.  But sometimes I just get so tired of it all, and I am only 6 months out.  It is becoming natural for me to do all these things, but sometimes I just want to forget it and go without.  Yea I did that right after surgery and got really sick, so I know that is not an option.  I love the success I have had, I love the way I feel, I love the things I can do now, but in the morning I just want to forget the food.  Does this sound really stupid?  I know it does, but you are the only ones I can say this too, because you understand,  and I so thank you for being here.  I am feeling better already.  Now I will set back and drink my Sobe water with my protein and vitamin mixed in it and enjoy.  Thanks again for listening my friends!
Brenda

cajungirl
on 6/13/11 2:44 am
YES it does get tiring.  For me, the early days were exciting even having so much to plan just seeing the weight come off kept me motivated.  Now, bleh it's life and food just doesn't appeal to me most days.  I DO it because I have to and know there are no other options.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 3:07 am - Boston, MA
 It doesn't sound stupid.. I hate thinking about what to eat, I hate preparing a meal only to eat a small amount, I usually stick with super basic things like yogurt, cheese and beef jerky because I just don't want to deal with finding a better option!  The worst for me is the vitamins.. I HATE having to take 10 a day.. I was at my daughters award ceremony this morning and my cell phone alarm went off to remind me about vitamins which I had left in the car and all I kept thinking was damn it now I"m going to be off schedule all day.. argh.  Hopefully it becomes second nature and I don't need alarms and I don't care about taking them but for right now it's a pita!!!! I am committed to taking them daily for life so I will but it doesn't mean I can't hate all 10 of them.. ok I like the 4 calcium chews LOL so I hate 6 of them!
newtintn
on 6/13/11 8:01 am - TN
 AMEN! I HATE HATE HATE food...which is SO WEIRD to say considering pre surgery all i thought about was food and when i could get my next "fix"...but yes i hate it now. I hate how much ends up going to waste either because it makes me sick or i cant fini**** and it sits in teh fridge and goes bad. I hate how much "healthy" food costs. I spend more on food NOW than i did pre surgery for Gods sake! I hate trying to keep my kids out of my stash of WLS friendly food...I hate the fact that nearly everything I eat feels stuck or like I have a gas bubble in my chest. I just would much rather never have to eat again adn I really dont think id miss food at all if i never ate again. It almost makes me MAD that I have to eat!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 130 views
Recent Topics