Post Op Update

kgee
on 6/17/11 11:32 pm - MD
 My surgery was scheduled for 11:20 on Thursday but got pushed bac****il 5 due to an emergency the surgeon had to tend to.

Surgery went smoothly and he took my gallbladder out too..... the first evening and day are still a blur to me.  I got home late last night and so far so good.  My pain is minimal... just the gas that is floating around in there that hurts.  Oh... and my ears keep popping.  Haven't figured that one out yet.  :-(

My biggest struggle at the moment is wanting to gulp a BIG cold drink.  2 ounces an hour doesn't allow that.....

Will keep everyone updated.  Anxious to hear how other June 16th surgeries went and how everyones progress is.

princessfrogee
on 6/17/11 11:50 pm - AL
Congratulations!  Glad to hear all went well and you are doing well! 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Holly O.
on 6/18/11 12:26 am - FL

Hi!!  I had my surgery on the 15th! I'am feeling really good.  Not taking any more pain meds.........doing fine on my own.  I walked to the post box and back....10 min. each way..........no problem.  So now I'm sipping on my yummy protein shake!!  No nauseau..........no throwing up.  I think   I had my mind made up that I would be really ill!!  To my surprise the surgery wasn't that bad at all compared to the lapband surgery  I had 5 yrs. ago.  So happy they took that thing out.  I am band-free and loving it!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
_Donna_
on 6/18/11 12:50 am
I'm glad you are feeling good.
2oz of water an hour is not nearly enough, in the hospital I was told to drink 4 oz an hour. I had my little 1oz cuppies lined up on my tray and picked one up every 15 minutes. It seemed like I was doing nothing but sip, sip, sip; walk, walk, walk, but thats what they want.

RNY 5-5-2011

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?