Big time grazzzzzzer

Angela R.
on 6/16/11 11:31 am - Jewett City, CT
I am 5 months out and have posted a few times on my frustrations on not losing weight for the past few weeks. I have been at a stand still of 212 - 215 for at least 3 weeks.  I am so bad at eating or snacking is more like it.  I can eat anything without really dumping dumping.. I get a little sick to my stomach but no real dumping. This frustrates me because I can pick and I mean just pick.. I don't eat a lot just picking and maybe a crackerful here or a Nature vally bar there.  It's so darn frustrating.. I have always beena snacker and have an issue trying to control it that's why I had gastric bypass to begin with.  I need some idea's for healthy easy snacks that don't have many calories in them but is not veggies.. I have never been able to eat raw veggies and still can't... I also have a hard time with sweetiners.. HELP ME!!!!!!
Angela 
Revision Surgery from Lapband to Gastric Bypass... 1/3/11
Start 290 / Now 208/oal 180 (Doctor set goal)

Amy T.
on 6/16/11 11:36 am - CA
Have you tried the just the cheese snacks? Maybe replace your crackers with these?  They are crunchy and salty, and made with all cheese.  Each serving is also 5 grams of protein.  

Here is a link to them:

http://www.vitacost.com/Just-The-Cheese?csrc=PPCADW-just_the_cheese&refcd=GO000000514374891s_just_the_cheese&tsacr=GO6960408131

Good luck!
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

roan1959
on 6/16/11 11:39 am
I know some people dont agree with this, but I use pork rinds to snack on.  I like the crunch and they do have some proten!  lol....  maybe greek yougart, cottage cheese with fruit, string cheese.  Some people put turkey pepperoni in the microwave and get it nice and crisp, like a cracker. I would also check out some of the websites like Eggface or Bariatric Foodie for some ideas.  I know its hard, but we didnt rework our innards to go back to old habits, right?!?!       Good Luck.,               Joan
Become what you believe..........  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

*  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat        **BELOW GOAL**  
vervetoloose
on 6/16/11 12:01 pm
Now is the time to try and break the habit of snacking/grazing...it only gets harder.....

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

Lisa R.
on 6/16/11 12:01 pm - CA
 Maybe it's not a matter of WHAT you snack on but rather the fact that you snack.  My doctor's nurse told me less then a week post op, "always wait 2 hours between chewing 2 ounces of anything"  So basically once you have eaten a portion of something do not eat again for at least 2 hours.  I stick to this and it works for me.  6 weeks in and lose weight every week so far.  

Just eat 5 small meals a day, don't call them snacks because really our meals are already so small they could all be considered snacks.  Don't pick at things, it is hard but you have to do it.  The surgery can't fix your brain...we do that ourselves.  In time you will break the habit.  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Price S.
on 6/16/11 8:45 pm - Mills River, NC
I am eating all the time, between protein drinks and "meals" but I don't "snack".  I start with protein decaf coffee in the morning, then breakfast around 9, lunch at 11:30 or so, afternoon meal at 4, evening meal at 7, and anther protein drink before bed.  I get 20 oz of fluid in between each meal and that seems to take care of any hunger issues.  If I really think I am hungry, I add in another meal, not a snack.  Each meal is 2 oz of protein, 2 oz of veggie or fruit.  I stay very low carb and have no carb cravings. 
Try planning your meals and sticking to it.  Get the crackers and junk bars out of the house.  Now is the time to make new habits for the rest of your life.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

peyton88
on 6/16/11 9:03 pm - Madison, GA
I understand....I'm a snacker too!
I do find that if I really pack in the protein at lunch or dinner then I don't have any room to snack!
Example:  Yesterday I had exactly HALF of an Applebees bacon cheeseburger (bread and all),  that and a glass of unsweet tea and I was FULL for 6 hours.....I didn't even THINK about food until dinner time!

If I do snack, I grab a hand full of nuts or lately a bowl of watermelon! 

Hang in there....
  HW/SW/CW/Goal.....219  / 206 /  122 / 130

siberiancat
on 6/17/11 3:37 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

Pick up a copy of "The Beck Diet Solution".  It is about retraining your thoughts.

You are "choosing" to snack on food that is calorie heavy and nutrition poor.''

Hunger (real or head hunger) is NOT an emergency.  You have to tell yourself "I ate my meal___ hours ago and I will eat my planned snack or meal in________min or hours.  I can wait that long.
I will drink a glass of water, ice tea, etc.

I am going thru the Beck workbook for the second time this summer.  It has been so helpful to keep me mindful of my thoughts and help me break free from letting my emotions move me to eating.

I agree with planned meals and snacks.  All snacks - always have protein first - then veggie, fruit or whole grain.

Omit the white flour, white sugar, white potatoes, white rice, pasta, junk food and fast food for at least 3 weeks and the "carb addiction" will most likely subside.  Once you feed the carb monster - it goes out of control - but nothing goes in your mouth without you first choosing to do it.

Keep a food journal and total after every meal and snack.  Be accountable.  Once the "honeymoon" period for RNY is over - it will be much harder to control - so, do it now.

Best wishes.

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views