I'm so hungry

YankeeRose
on 6/18/11 8:00 am - Meadville, PA
My surgery is in 3 days... I have been doing the full liquid diet since June 7th but today I am so hungry! I know it is real hunger and not head hunger because of hunger pains in my stomach. I am getting real sick of sf popsicles, jello and CIB shakes. I want real food like a pizza or something. Ugh. Also getting real nervous about surgery next week.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

vim_and_vinegar
on 6/18/11 8:15 am
 Back in my crash dieting days (I ate under 800 calories every day for over a year) I would chew lots and lots and LOTS of sugar-free gum. It always helped my hunger pangs. Would it be against the rules to make yourself a fruit smoothie? Just throw strawberries, bananas, raspberries, mango, kiwi (adds kick to everything, trust me) in a blender and you'll have a lovely, healthy, filling meal. If none of that works, just close your eyes and imagine how you'll look at your goal weight! 
strawberryblondie
on 6/18/11 8:20 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Yogurt and sugar free pudding got me through the liquid diet. 

First visit with surgeon                            3/17/11
Cleared for surgery                                  4/29/11
Approved by insurance                            5/10/11
Surgery Date                                            5/24/11

YankeeRose
on 6/18/11 8:34 am - Meadville, PA
My nut said I can only substitute 1 of the carnation breakfast drinks with a sf yogurt, pudding cup or 1 cup of cream soup per day. I have bought yoplait light yogurt cups and they are very good but I can only have 1. I just made some pea soup because I was so hungry.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Radiogirl39
on 6/18/11 8:26 am - Canada
This is the part I may be dreading the most!  I don't have a surgery date yet, but already stressing about the fast.  Especially going to work and people ordering in chinese food or burrito day or breakfast day.  My work environment is super food oriented and I know I am going to have a really hard time.

But you are so close!  The pizza or anything else you would eat wouldn't be worth it.  I'm going to tell you what someone said to me about cigarettes when I quit and I think it translates to food for some of us. I said to her "cigarettes are my best friend".  Her reply was "yes, they probably are, but your best friend is holding a pillow over your face" Lol, this actually helped a lot.

Good luck!
Julie
Dee2011
on 6/18/11 8:35 am - PA
I know you think it is tough now but in three days it will be over and you will look back on this time and see that it has  been well worth it.  Hang in there, I know you can do it.  How abaout some broth or decaf tea?  Thoughts and prayers are with you. 
YankeeRose
on 6/18/11 8:41 am - Meadville, PA
Thanks Dee. I am drinking decaf ised tea with Splenda and had some broth earlier. I just made some pea soup that I love. I am eating the soup even though I've already had a yogurt cup today. I wonder if it is really a big deal since it is pure liquid with no chunks? Oh btw, I tried to IM you the other day.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Carrie S.
on 6/18/11 9:09 am - Asheville, NC
 I am so with you today!  My surgery is Wedneday and I'm on the 2 week liquid diet too.  SOOOOOO HUNGRY!!  My husband grilled burgers for the family tonite.  The smell is almost more than I can stand.   I keep telling myself it will be over soon.  But for now I want to pull my hair out!

Hang in there.  
and good luck!
YankeeRose
on 6/18/11 9:52 am - Meadville, PA
I keep telling myself the same thing! ha ha Today has been the worst for me. Wonder if sf or low carb icecream would be bad?? LOL just kidding...

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Carrie S.
on 6/18/11 11:00 am - Asheville, NC
On June 18, 2011 at 4:52 PM Pacific Time, YankeeRose wrote:
I keep telling myself the same thing! ha ha Today has been the worst for me. Wonder if sf or low carb icecream would be bad?? LOL just kidding...
 OMGosh!  My freakin' family went to dairy queen after dinner.
Ugh
I actually teared up!!!

My son actually said "milkshakes are liquids!"   
:-(
I'm counting on the surgery helping me break my food addiction!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics